World's worst guitar amplifier

Edward Yawn

• Members

Which amplifier is the world's worst guitar amplifier? The one with a sound that causes cats to run away and dogs to cover their ears? I am not asking about a general brand of amplifiers, meaning I am not looking for answers like "Peavey makes the worst amps!". I am refering to specific models from specific manufacturers. With that in mind, which is the worst sounding guitar amp in history?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drive, Aslin Dane, Crate

any from these manufacturers can be considered PONY

Check out the user reviews in the amps section.

browse by manufacturer and then look at all the brands you havent heard of, or sound real budget, then look up their web address.

http://www.aslindane.com/Amplifier_HTMS/Amp_Page_Table.htm

for example...

great thread idea, should see some funny amps coming up!

• Members

Originally posted by zao

I played a krankenstien head and cab last week and it was awful. I it with 6 different guitars and tweeked for a while and I still hated it.

I will have to second this. The reason being is that those rogues and little crates cost $100 and for that money I dont care. However I dont think a ~$3000 halfstack should sound as bad as the Krank does. :freak:

• Members

I like how the original poster asked for specific models and the geniuses here do the exact opposite. Anyways...I would say that the Squier 10 watt SS practice amp is pretty bad, and a Crate Blue VooDoo my friend owned was also awful on the ears. Anyone who says that ALL Crate amps suck has no idea what they are talking about.

-Joe

• Members

I expect $100-$200 amps to sound awful, and most do, so I couldn't narrow it down to 1.

I recently played through a crate blue voodoo full stack and could not believe the sound--WORST AMP I EVER HEARD/PLAYED!

VERY cold, fizzy, and lifeless.

Archived