New Roland (desktop?) Synth

Re-Member

• Members

Taken from:

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2012/08/som...medium=twitter

530864_10151154662041001_496360169_n.jpg

"Now, the first prototype of one of the news coming on 8/31 arrived at the office! Sounds damn good ... More than 10 days left, then we'll reveal what it is ..."

Also:
http://bitley.laconicsounds.net/2012...etective-work/

From the looks of things, it appears to be a desktop synth module of some sort. A new Groovebox, perhaps?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I some how got good vibrations from this. I have good feeling about this and it makes me very excited. I know it probably isn't V-Synth 2-3, which would be in my top-3 most wanted list, but there's still couple of slightly probable very exciting possibilities.

• Members

So it's a Module (the letters do line up).

Start's in T... seems to be an R that follows. So TR ?

Roland TR-X0X Rhythm Composer were programmable drum machines ("TR" serving as an initialism for Transistor Rhythm).

Surely not going back to those after their mission statements....

If so these are good times for Analog Heads.... thumb.gif

• Members

So to the other clues...

A Jupiter80 stand without a Jupiter80

A stool

A midi keyboard and midi cable

Jupiter Sound Module a possibility if we follow that... If like the XT (for the V) they may have added another sound engine and or vocoder to make it more saleable. Maybe more knobs etc. wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
So to the other clues...

A Jupiter80 stand without a Jupiter80

A stool

A midi keyboard and midi cable
The MIDI cable looks a bit more like a mic cable to me, though not quite either definitively.

At any rate, I wouldn't expect a "knobbier" rack/module version of a Jupiter 80 as someone suggested, as modules tend to be less knobby than the keyboards they are derived from rather than more. But who knows. Putting the Jupiter 80 sounds/technology into a module would require a complete interface rethinking anyway, since so much of the the Jupiter 50/80 interface is so designed for live performance interaction, which is not what you typically get out of a module (since the keyboards are where your performance hands are, and the modules usually are not).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by AnotherScott View Post
The MIDI cable looks a bit more like a mic cable to me, though not quite either definitively.

At any rate, I wouldn't expect a "knobbier" rack/module version of a Jupiter 80 as someone suggested, as modules tend to be less knobby than the keyboards they are derived from rather than more. But who knows. Putting the Jupiter 80 sounds/technology into a module would require a complete interface rethinking anyway, since so much of the the Jupiter 50/80 interface is so designed for live performance interaction, which is not what you typically get out of a module (since the keyboards are where your performance hands are, and the modules usually are not).
It's gonna be different for sure, even if mainly Jupiter80 based..

That conector does look bigger than the average midi connector, but stylewise I have midi cable just like that... Maybe they are hinting Vocoder also then... LOL

Although it could be one of the cables for the main out from the missing Jupiter80 in that shot as it uses XLRs...

• Members

It would be great if Roland made a tabletop groove machine that combined the best aspects of the V-Synth with the MC909 and MV8800.

- Full featured sampler / sample mangler.
- Built in VA.
- Separate drum modeler (not just sample playback) like the Arturia Spark.
- Touch screen.
- 16 MPC style drum pads.
- 24 track MIDI sequencer with 'pattern based' features.
- Built in 'best of SRX/ARX' wave ROM.
- 16 audio tracks straight to SSD or SD.
- Lots of knobs.
- HDMI out.
- USB ports for mouse connection and storage.

It would sell like hotcakes.

Archived