New Roland (desktop?) Synth

Re-Member

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by zoink View Post
It would be great if Roland made a tabletop groove machine that combined the best aspects of the V-Synth with the MC909 and MV8800.

- Full featured sampler / sample mangler.
- Built in VA.
- Separate drum modeler (not just sample playback) like the Arturia Spark.
- Touch screen.
- 16 MPC style drum pads.
- 24 track MIDI sequencer with 'pattern based' features.
- Built in 'best of SRX/ARX' wave ROM.
- 16 audio tracks straight to SSD or SD.
- Lots of knobs.
- HDMI out.
- USB ports for mouse connection and storage.

It would sell like hotcakes.
That's the kind of thing I'm hoping for from them not that I think they will do it but they could.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Re-Member View Post
I wouldn't mind something like zoink said either, just as long as it doesn't end up being as huge as the MC-909. If it's going to be that big, they should at least add mini-keys or something.

While we wait, how does the JP-8000 compare to your experience with the SH201... ?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by minimoog View Post
Why do get excited about a Roland Product?
Ask your self why you read and posted...

Ask those that got upset with the name Jupiter being used again by Roland...

Ask all those that keep wanting Roland to make this that and the other...

For some reason people are drawn to this Company and don't want it to be too mainstream...

;-)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by minimoog

View Post

I think the time of the "Roland strikes their {censored} back together" is nearing slowly. Not necessarily quite this year, but I can feel their {censored} is stacking up again. Soon.

• Members

Its becuase we keep thinking Roland will put its game together again.
we really want to belive that...... Well that company that made the Jupiter 8 The 303's the D50 ......

Its now the compay that makes the Juno D !! the V-acordion ..!screen.gif

• Members

i still think there is just a whole generation of management at Roland that is just rotting away in their conference chairs, completely unaware of any recent trends in the way electronic music is made. they sit, drink tea, and think of letters to put in front of the name of their latest product.

also, this is a HUGE box for a desktop thing of any kind. it's going to be a whopper, whatever stupid thing it is

• Members

I present the new Roland D-Bag named after famous dj pauly d

the sophisticated algorhythms allows u to mix and match mp3s from beatport into mash up remixes u can claim as ur own productions !

optional ghost writter expansion packs who have worked with tiesto, van buren and van dyke !

minimum 4 collars popped are needed to operate it and optional iPad cdj 9000 app

street cost $10 000, Paris Hilton edition also available

• Members

Has anyone considered that maybe we (as in, the collective KSS "we") aren't Roland's target audience anymore? While we might still be pining for the days of yore and the glory of knobby analogs, Roland has moved on with what it thinks is the future of electronic instruments. It's like an old couple that got along great long ago, but have since grown apart.

Le sigh.

• Members

a knobby analog would be interesting, but lord knows Roland won't do that sort of thing anymore. there was a point, though - not long ago - where they invented something pretty cool called the V-synth. i had that for a while. that was a nifty Roland thing, mainly because of what it could do to samples and how flexible the engine itself was. that's the sort of nifty (in the general sense) that i pine for, rather than a modern day jupiter 8 or some such silly thing

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by minimoog View Post
Because every now and then, Roland gets it right. And when they do, it's pretty exciting.

I still remember the first time I played the D50, for example. This was about 25 years ago. I was in a music store, and I just couldn't believe how good it sounded. I felt similarly about the JD800, JP8080, MC505, and the Fantom X.

Roland has a funny way of changing the game sometimes. Not every time. Not even most of the time. But every now and then, they come up with something that's genuinely novel and cool. Regardless of their failures at times, a fair share of the most important innovations in sound synthesis over the past 30 years were pioneered by Roland.

And when they did, nobody else even saw it coming. smile.gif

• Members
Because every now and then, Roland gets it right. And when they do, it's pretty exciting.

I still remember the first time I played the D50, for example. This was about 25 years ago. I was in a music store, and I just couldn't believe how good it sounded. I felt similarly about the JD800, JP8080, MC505, and the Fantom X.

Roland has a funny way of changing the game sometimes. Not every time. Not even most of the time. But every now and then, they come up with something that's genuinely novel and cool. Regardless of their failures at times, a fair share of the most important innovations in sound synthesis over the past 30 years were pioneered by Roland.

+1

• Members

They didn't see it coming either. biggrin.gif

Archived