New Roland (desktop?) Synth

Re-Member

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is this a confession by Roland that the Fantom G line with its ARX expansion boards was actually a big mistake, and that the older SRX boards from previous synths were actually much better? I wonder if all 16 channels will have insert FX like the Fantom G line. That would rock.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zzzxtreme

View Post

bdub, it's a rack !

Yes it is. Well, If I were Roland, I'd make something like this:

-- It would have sample flash ROM, a Fantom X/G compatible engine with all of the SRX boards, the VK-8M engine and the Jupiter 80 engine.

-- You would be able to mix/match these engines in performances of up to 16 parts.

-- There would be 16 insert effects that could be assigned in any configuration you like (similar to the Kronos).

-- There would be 256 notes of polyphony.

-- There would be 6 or 8 balanced outs.

-- The rack unit would accept a couple of pedals inputs.

It would be under $1500.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bdub

View Post

Yes it is. Well, If I were Roland, I'd make something like this:

-- It would have sample flash ROM, a Fantom X/G compatible engine with all of the SRX boards, the VK-8M engine and the Jupiter 80 engine.

-- You would be able to mix/match these engines in performances of up to 16 parts.

-- There would be 16 insert effects that could be assigned in any configuration you like (similar to the Kronos).

-- There would be 256 notes of polyphony.

-- There would be 6 or 8 balanced outs.

-- The rack unit would accept a couple of pedals inputs.

It would be under $1500.

That is a dream spec for sure... And for that price I highly doubt it. But we can dream! thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by k2500x

View Post

Is this a confession by Roland that the Fantom G line with its ARX expansion boards was actually a big mistake, and that the older SRX boards from previous synths were actually much better? I wonder if all 16 channels will have insert FX like the Fantom G line. That would rock.

Really ??????????? never noticed that specially on the brass ... smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by playstation

View Post

How do they come to the conclusion that the market wants a large, bulky expensive rack unit that plays SRX sounds? Answer: smoke incredibly large amounts of weed.

Quote Originally Posted by k2500x

View Post

Is this a confession by Roland that the Fantom G line with its ARX expansion boards was actually a big mistake, and that the older SRX boards from previous synths were actually much better? ...

The ARX boards were the starting point for Supernatural sounds, weren't they?

And it sounds like it includes both the SRX sound set, and the Supernatural engine.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by conundrum23

View Post

The ARX boards were the starting point for Supernatural sounds, weren't they?

And it sounds like it includes both the SRX sound set, and the Supernatural engine.

It's a good idea, but they really should have included all of that in the Jupiter 80 for $3500.

Archived