New Roland (desktop?) Synth

Re-Member

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by k2500x

View Post

Everyone loves to crap on Roland (including me). So why is it that every time Roland teases something new this forum starts buzzing louder than a thousand bees around a pot of honey? biggrin.gif

Random reinforcement. The same reason people keep pulling the lever on a slot machine.

It only needs to pay off randomly for people to come back thinking this next one might be THE one.

Plus, if it is a groove box, Roland is due for an update, and they pioneered the whole genre.

When it comes to Roland, we're like trailer park wives, and Roland is the abusive husband we defend for the times he's good to us. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Audacity Works

View Post

Okay, now that's funny. thumb.gif

Soo... I sort of know what it is. I might be totally misinformed, and I've not actually seen what it looks like, but if my information is correct, it absolutely won't be a disappointment. IIRC, my reaction was "Really? Whoa

• Members

I recall Nick from Sonic State on a post NAMM pod cast a couple of years back saying, no more Roland groovebox's after hearing two Roland Execs chatting in private... However we can always hope...

I think Roland would want to do something that has stronger production capability for a new beat box, so may be they are just waiting for the right technology and ideas to make a must have item... Nick mentioned the two execs just were not into that type of music, so where there is no heart... :-(

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPuppy View Post
Wait... so the XX-XXXX isn't considered a groovebox? Huh. If it's related to an XX-XXXX, though, I might still be interested.
The XX series are grooveboxes and the XX-XXXX and X-XXXXX XX are synth/tone modules.

icon_lol.gif

• Members

So to add yet more confusion, here is a leak of another Roland product (keyboard) that clearly will not fit in a smallish squarish box so has nothing to do with the OPs pic but is something new on its way:

Fast forward to 5:47 mins

• Members

could be cool or crap...if it's a knob slider fest then i'm intersted!

i hope it's a gorove box of some kind or drum machine...maybe (ever hopeful) analogue and not VA

if it's something along the lines of the roland Gaia...even VA and not analogue i'll be intersted to find out more.

just not a bland rompler with 4 knobs and parameter access menus please!

• Members

It's really sad when a CASIO synth gets me more excited than any Roland release of the last couple of years!

...wait, it did in the mid 80s too!! Midi multi mode that I could buy with a CZ synth!!!!

Anyway, I do not have to wait for Roland when Arturia is taking over now. I hope the Minibrute is just the beginning.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead

View Post

could be cool or crap...if it's a knob slider fest then i'm intersted!

i hope it's a gorove box of some kind or drum machine...maybe (ever hopeful) analogue and not VA

if it's something along the lines of the roland Gaia...even VA and not analogue i'll be intersted to find out more.

just not a bland rompler with 4 knobs and parameter access menus please!

It's been a while since I looked at their mission statment.. Some how I doubt they have stripped away digital and written analog...

It would be nice but I think we will all win the lottery before that happens...

• Members

I hate to be a buzzkill on a thread I started, but it most likely won't be a Groovebox. I always keep the boxes for my gear in case I want to sell it later (makes packing easier) and found the box for my MC-505.

For custom purposes, it's listed as a "Music Sequencer"

It has "Module Sequenceur" below it, but there's no foreign description that begins with a "T" on the box.

Then there's this pic of a rack synth that Roland calls a "tone module." The foreign custom description matches the pic Roland leaked out.

33511707_1.jpg

99% certain it won't be a new Groovebox or drum machine at this point. It's probably just a rack version of the Jupiter 80 as speculated, or a "Sonic Cell" type version of it.

Archived