Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could have one piece of gear from Santa....

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could have one piece of gear from Santa....

What would it be?

For me, I think Dave Smith's Prophet-12 would fill a gear gap very nicely.
    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

A room. I have no room at the moment
    flip the phase

Comment

U-47

Comment

Since Santa probably doesn't have time to build a full sized API console by Christmas, an API 1608 would tide me over. But, Santa, please get started on a 24 channel version as soon as you get rested up from your sleigh ride.
        --
        "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
        Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

Originally posted by gubu View Post
          A room. I have no room at the moment
          I have a room but I do wish I had something a bit more quiet and freestanding…

Comment

Both the DSI Pro 2 and the Moog Sub 37 are on my want list, but I really do not have room in the rig and don't really have a sound hole for the band that would justify them to fill.

Actually at the top of the list for my rig is an Orange TH30C to play organ through, plus an ATA case that can also be rigged to mic it and feed back into my submixer.

I'd also love an M32 (or X32) because it turns out we really do need more channels to get the demo recording capability where we want it. The Line 6 Stagescape is doing a fine job, but we are talking Santa's money here, right? I can't really justify spending mine on more studio gear yet.

The one thing I really did desperately need, I already got on Sunday: a permanent bassist for the band.

Martyn Wheeler (playing synthesizers/organ like it's 1973 in England)

now: Fredfin Wallaby
            was: The Gonzo Symphonic

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Knight View Post
              U-47

Hey, missed your input on the last prod squad venture...I felt weird posting it without your usual sage advice...luckily the other squad members filled in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley View Post
                I have a room but I do wish I had something a bit more quiet and freestanding…
                Yes, a decoupled, concrete, acoustically designed for purpose, and lined with dry stone walling, wood panneling and absorption panels, as needed, sounds just about right. Is it too late to stick a letter up the chimney?
                flip the phase

Comment

A Kawai VPC-1 with a solid stand...

A close second would be the Moog Sub 37 Tribute edition.

A larger room is definitely a big want, but until we tackle the basement renovation (including a new furnace and ducting), that will have to wait.
                  144 dB
                  Just Finished: Two Button Press
                  Working on: Condensation, The Jupiter Bluff
                  Main Axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurzweil PC361

Comment

A really and tall large acoustically beautiful sounding room with lots of wood and thick rough-hewn wooden beams holding the high ceiling up and large windows overlooking the Santa Cruz Mountains and the Pacific Ocean below.
                    Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

I think I would like this one musical instrument. Yes, just one little stringed instrument, that's all I ask.

That way, I could soon have really and tall large acoustically beautiful sounding room with lots of wood and thick rough-hewn wooden beams holding the high ceiling up and large windows overlooking the Santa Cruz Mountains and the Pacific Ocean below...along with a Moog Voyager, Harrison desk, a comfortable couch in back of the Harrison, and that's about it. I don't need anything else.
                      Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Korg KRONOS 61, w/Nano Pad
                        Last edited by Etienne Rambert; 12-23-2014, 11:07 PM.
                        He has escaped! Youtube , ​Murika , France

Comment

A soundproofed vocal booth
                          smoke - new album
                          the mirror - album
                          storm - album
                          the asylum - forum

Comment

Originally posted by MarkydeSad View Post
                            A soundproofed vocal booth

The technical term is "closet" or "bathroom." The closet gives more of a dead sound depending on how much clothes you have in the there, while the bathroom gives ambience. Hmm, I guess if you had a closet in your bathroom it could be a live end/dead end vocal booth.

Comment

Originally posted by gubu View Post
                              Yes, a decoupled, concrete, acoustically designed for purpose, and lined with dry stone walling, wood panneling and absorption panels, as needed, sounds just about right. Is it too late to stick a letter up the chimney?
                              Yes this. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X