Anyone like Peavey basses?

vmanmurph

• Members

Peavey basses range from pretty good to outstanding. My fretless is a defretted Millenium BXP, one of the pretty good ones. They also make things like the Cirrus, which is awesome on any level. They have made some other cool basses as well, like the G Bass, a poor man's Modulus.

• Members

The bassist in my old band played an early ATK, sounded pretty damn good impo. The neck was a little too chunky for my tiny hands, but that says more about my stubby fingers than about the bass really...:)

• Members

I actually owned a black T-40 in 1982 for about a year.I bought a Sarzo(Really nice Cirrus) in about 1992,and had it for a couple of years.Both were good basses,and that Sarzo was just beutiful as well!!! It was the last 4-string I ever bought,or owned.I probably would not buy a Peavey bass at this point in my life,but I don't look down my nose at anyone who I might see playing one.In fact,from my experience with them,they are damned good basses.

• Members

I had a peavey endorsement in the mid 80's in my 5 year stint with Jerry Reed...and I'm not sure ( I see one reply here that he had one in '82) but I think I had one of the first foundation basses they made -- we went directly to Meridian to pick it up from Hartley as we toured the factory...I was amazed at how well made it was and the sound was terrific -- sort of like a jazz with emg's on board......and I loved playing it, used it on a ton of concerts.....it proved to me that you do not have to spend 2K to get a good work instrument.....

• Members

I had a Peavey Foundation back in '02. The neck warped and I ended up giving the guts away.

Before that, I had a Peavey Patriot that had a custom red stain finish. Very smooth-playing bass; liked it a lot.

• Members

I have a '90's US made Foundation. Found it in a pawn shop, in bad and abused condition, got the bass and hard case for $160. Took some hours to get it al set up and the neck set right...I also put on a set of Fender flat wounds.

I love it. I played a re-issue Fender Tele bass in the 1970's that was not as good as this old Peavey. Peaveys all have a great neck design, and they have a micro tilt adjustment that will let you get the neck exactly how you want it. Super Ferrite pups, easy to adjust sound by blending them. Comfortable, easy to play.

Great player, versatile, simple, solid, high quality and great tone...US Made.

I understand some people like them for recording, although I have never done that yet, I probably will over the next year.

mark

Great player, versatile sound, fast and comfortable neck, quality all the way...US made and still very cheap. Hard to beat these.

• Members

Ive had several basses over the past 25 years and the one that ive had/played/kept for the past 12 years has been the Cirrus 5 string, it is just a great bass ... at any price. I cannot say enough about the Cirrus, Ive played all the big names and all the boutiques but the Cirrus is the only one ive held on to.

If you have to chance to play one/borrow one, do so.

ikestr

• 3 weeks later...

Archived