SOGD and HNGD all in one day

Alchemist

• Members

AH, ESP, wasn't expecting that. I was checking out a relic'd Edwards strat on ebay today, very nice, especially for $825 or whatever it was. I imagine the ESP is a step up from the Edwards.

Very nice though, wild color. How does it play and sound?

• Members

AH, ESP, wasn't expecting that. I was checking out a relic'd Edwards strat on ebay today, very nice, especially for $825 or whatever it was. I imagine the ESP is a step up from the Edwards.

Very nice though, wild color. How does it play and sound?

esp custom shop stuff is top notch

plays like a mix of a fender cs and a suhr......great for the fusion stuff i play :)

• Members

sad old guitar day.... bye bye G&L, you were one of the best guitars I've ever had, but it was time to try some new toys

and happy new guitar day!

ahhh what could it be, lets see who can guess
:)

Lemme guess, a big giant guitar that's so big you can't possibly show us all of it at once?

:poke:

Looks like an H-S-S Strat or maybe the G&L analog of same. I'm not up on specific models as I ain't a Strat guy.

• Members

Nice! But I can't believe you parted with the G&L.

I'm going to own many nice guitars in my playing lifetime.... the G&L was just one of them...... awesome guitar, but I wasnt playing it as much as my others.... I really prefer thinner maple necks, and the G&L was my thickest neck and it was mahogany....

it was my best guitar.... but when your best guitar is not your most played something isnt right..... this guitar is of equal quality to the G&L, and did cost more initially..... but because of its specs I feel I will likely play it more....

• Members

I'm going to own many nice guitars in my playing lifetime.... the G&L was just one of them...... awesome guitar, but I wasnt playing it as much as my others.... I really prefer thinner maple necks, and the G&L was my thickest neck and it was mahogany....

it was my best guitar.... but when your best guitar is not your most played something isnt right..... this guitar is of equal quality to the G&L, and did cost more initially..... but because of its specs I feel I will likely play it more....

I hear that. No reason to hang onto something you don't adore, especially if you can flip it and acquire something nice. The new one looks sweet btw. Are those jumbo frets? They look huge in that pic, and nicely polished!

• Members

Love that finish on the body! Very nice.
:thu:

Congrats. Too bad you parted with the G & L though. Sounds like it was an old friend.

thanks.... yeah the G&L was a tough one to give up, I am comforted that I replaced it with an equally unique high end guitar though.....

I wish I had the money to just keep buying new gear and never have to rid of my old stuff lol :(

• Members

I hear that. No reason to hang onto something you don't adore, especially if you can flip it and acquire something nice. The new one looks sweet btw. Are those jumbo frets? They look huge in that pic, and nicely polished!

no the frets are medium, they are just polished very round..... a step larger than my MIA standard

The only thing wrong with this thread is that I don't have that SO G&L!! That was my kinda guitar !!!

Gonna have to look up some pics of her and look at them while I cry in mah beer.

But you floored me with an ESP!! Looks awesome and it does fit the music you play!!

Excellent choice!! :thu:

Archived