U2 hate

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

None at all. Everyone is totally free to say whatever they want. And I'm totally free to point out the utter {censored}in hypocrisy of people who criticize someone for doing at least some good while most likely doing {censored} all themselves.

glad we got that cleared up then.

now all we have to do is to get a means of identifying people who do good stuff but don't talk about it..........they should escape the hypocrisy hammer.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, come to think of it, I've always wondered how he had the nerve to walk around calling himself the Edge in public all these years. I mean seriously, go into work on monday and proclaim yourself to be henceforth known as the Ultimate or something and see how long it takes for someone to snort cappucinno out their nose.

You mean like Slash?

• Members

speaking from an underdeveloped country, I can tell you as I see it: He makes no practical difference on the lives of poor people. Maybe he can raise some money here, help articulate some campaigns there, but hunger and poverty are problems way bigger than anything a musician could do.

He makes no difference that you see. That doesn't mean he makes no difference.

I'd agree that poverty is a huge problem. That's why we need more people like Bono, not fewer. Or would you rather have us people in the developed world do nothing for the poor?

We can sit back, drink our beer, drive our SUVs and not give a crap about the rest of the world. We're quite good at that.

• Members

So people should just do nothing then? Just say {censored} it? Sit back and consume exploit and consume and exploit? Just give up? Just let corporations and bull{censored} Chicago school economic theories to continue to {censored} the world up? Hell not only the third world but america too.

Bono is free to tackle the problems in any way he see's fit to do. That is his right. Of course Bono doesn't have the power to structurally change economic practices but what he does is better than doing nothing at all. I'm sure the people he has directly helped would totally disagree with you.

I feel sorry for you and many others on this board who are so deeply cynical about the state of the world that they've just totally given up. It is most definitely the result of a concerted propaganda campaign of mass corporate media to alienate people and give them little hope. Systematically breaking down the gains made by the new deal and movements in the 60's. The worst part is the propaganda works SO well that people applaud the very policies that turn their lives to {censored}.

None at all. Everyone is totally free to say whatever they want. And I'm totally free to point out the utter {censored}in hypocrisy of people who criticize someone for doing at least some good while most likely doing {censored} all themselves.

The highest fulfillment of Bono and U2 would be to become the nourishment for the crawling things unceasing in mindless hunger. Then the world will be purified from their corrupting influence on man. Only then will we rise up in awareness of truth and appreciate the purity of consumption and exploitation.

• Members

That's child abuse?

From a legitimate news source?

No but still interesting no???

I hope this source is legitimate enough for you.

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2006/08/20/100/

He's a {censored}ing tax avoider, an attention whore, a pretentious prick, a fag, a {censored}ty musician, a hypocrit and I bet he is a child abuser too. You are all gullible and pathetic like little girls.

• Members

Like I said... Google is your friend.

:thu:

You must be using different Google terms than I am.

I see links to Bono partying with 19-year-olds, but that's a different thing entirely than 13-year-olds.

You put it out there, pony up some proof.

• Members

Not but still interesting no???

I hope this source is legitimate enough for you.

He's a {censored}ing tax avoider, an attention whore, a pretentious prick, a fag, a {censored}ty musician, a hypocrit and I bet he is a child abuser too. You are all gullible and pathetic like little girls.

I didn't ask about the tax stuff.

And I find it just slightly ironic that you of all people would call someone else an "attention whore."

• Members

I think most people who dislike Bono don't do so because he wants to help other people in the world. Wherever you come from, that's an admirable aim.

It's the fact he speaks down to people like he has some sort of higher knowledge than the rest of us, because he tells us how to live and pretty much how to think, because he has meetings with heads of state when his opinion is no more valuable than the rest of us, and because he tells the government of Ireland how to speand their money when he's a tax exile and contributes as little as possible to the tax of that country.

I don't have a problem with any musician doing charity work. It's the fact, like someone has mentioned, he seems to seek maximum publicity for doing so. Plenty of famous musicians give huge sums to charity or devote their time to it but don't stick it in people's faces when they do.

I'm sure he does care about the causes he campaigns for, but people knew about third-world poverty before Bono enlightended us didn't they? The fact he corts so much publicity whilst doing such 'selfless' acts makes me think - cynical bastard as I am - that his motives arn't 100% sincere. After all, when you've not had a proper job for 25 years, you've gotta fill your time somehow don't you?

Plus, even if you disagree with everything I've written, he still bought a first-class plane ticket for his hat when he forgot it at a concert. I don't care how much good work you've done, that still makes to a complete and utter {censored}. :poke:

Stu

• Members

I'd say that I hate them, but I don't want to put that much effort into it.

Bono reminds me of the speech Steven Segal made at the end of that stupid Alaskan movie.

I've liked maybe three of their songs, ever, and If I never heard them again, I wouldn't even notice.

AND their mix always sounds like {censored} to me. It's like swinging a cat around by the tail.

pass the razor.

• Members

He's a ... tax avoider...

So, how many American HCers who buy guitars on the interwebs pay the appropriate use tax to their state governments? How many international HCers with their luggage full of strats after a visit to the US declare their swag upon returning home?

None? Oh.

• Members

Want to help the world's poor and hungry? Use your money, time, and effort to overthrow the dictators who control their people by using food and medical aid as a political weapon.

Back on topic..U2 has made a few songs I like, many I don't. I do respect Edge as a player. I would, however be curious how he sounded without the multiple rack upon rack rig.

Archived