U2 hate

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah - it totally sucks how he inconveniences us by asking us to sacrifice a few minutes of entertainment to listen to how people elsewhere in the world suffer horribly from disease/poverty/oppression. I hate it when they intrude on my bubble.
:rolleyes:

Let me give an example of how I would prefer it done. I saw Counting Crows in '97. Openers were the Wallflowers and Bettie Serveert. Adam Duritz came out and introduced the two openers and took a minute to promote the various booths and causes that were stationed around the ampitheater each time. At the end of the Crows' set he restated his comments before the band left the stage. I thought this was very tasteful for a concert because it didn't interfere with the music or stage time.

Don't get me wrong--I love U2, but I could have lived without his loooooong intro about cell phones and texting your name to the One campaign during the intro to One during the Vertigo tour. I was more impressed with the way he worked his sentiments into the intro to Where the Streets have No Name and during Love and Peace or Else.

• Members

No. You do your own homework if you're interested.

:)

I'll have to assume, then, you can't find a link. I can work Google as well as anyone and haven't come up with anything close to the accusation that he's a child abuser.

You don't have much conviction behind your accusations, eh?

• Members

I, for one, am always glad to see a musician who has the balls to stand up and be counted for believing in something. I find it truly sickening how many artists nowadays will equivocate and hide from displaying any sort of opinion whatever, lest it hurt unit sales.

Yes, I am disappointed that the U2 boys have sunk to the level of most all rich folks, into the tax dodges. It is hypocritical, IMO, even if perfectly legal.

As to the allegations made re child abuse, that's some pretty serious talk. Anyone who can't prove such an allegation but still publishes it is actually committing a libel.

• Moderators

If the tax thing is true, that's disappointing. However, moving U2's publishing off shore was probably not a decision that Bono could make on his own. There are three other band members who have a vote.

They all then must take a share of Cuntdom, the Irish education system made them what they are, the Irish health system looked after them and their ancestors when they were ill....they are little more than self serving leeches

• Members

What a missed opportunity for someone with a small fighter plane:cry:

Man, what a pathetic statement to make. Even if you don't like them, there's no point in wishing for their demise. They are people...like them or not.

Personally, I wish I could have been there. Waiting for the new album. From what I've heard, it sounds pretty good.

• Members

Waiting for the new album. From what I've heard, it sounds pretty good.

It seems that most of the U2 fans on this forum agree that this disc is one that you'll warm up to and appreciate the more you listen to it. It's not as accessible or commercial as their previous records, which I think is a good thing. I liked 3 songs after my first listen, and now 2 weeks later I'm liking around 6 or 7. Give it a chance and keep an open mind.

• Members

I'm not a huge U2 superfan or anything, but I don't necessarily understand all the U2 hate. A pontificating lead singer is nothing new to rock. For a band to be putting out relevant music for 25+ years is pretty impressive in itself, even if you think the lead singer is a prat. What makes people HATE U2 rather than just ignore?

That's a dang good reply, son. Couldn'ta said it any better :thu:

• Members

I'd say that I hate them, but I don't want to put that much effort into it.

Bono reminds me of the speech Steven Segal made at the end of that stupid Alaskan movie.

I've liked maybe three of their songs, ever, and If I never heard them again, I wouldn't even notice.

AND their mix always sounds like {censored} to me. It's like swinging a cat around by the tail.

pass the razor.

There is nothing I could add to this to express my OWN thoughts about them any more clearly.

Thanks D.C. You will now be my official spokes person from now on.:thu:

• Members

Bono blows chunks. U2 moved the publishing from Ireland to the Netherlands this week, just they can dodge paying taxes that may help the struggling Irish economy.

Umm...that happened like a year ago. And for the record...they guys still pay their individual taxes in Ireland...just the publishing stuff got moved. You tell me if you were losing millions a year to taxes (that could be in your pocket), and could regain some of that by moving operations...that you wouldn't do the same thing. If you say you wouldn't...you're probably a liar. In our country, we would excuse it by saying that the governement doesn't need any more of our money. And I find it humorous that you guys bash Bono for his "causes" and then turn right around and say he should be doing more to help his country. Give me a break, what American musician that is as famous as Bono gives as much time and money to world relief as he does? The "Boss" pontificates at least as much as Bono...yet where are the Springsteen hate threads?

Give me a break...:rolleyes:

• Members

Bono's definitely not for everyone, but Edge, especially live, really is special. Cliche, but true, Edge is a true original. His minimal style almost makes David Gilmour seem like Yngwie Malmsteen. Tone wise, there is no 'Best", but there's no one better than Edge.

Archived