NGD x 2: Artcore AF75, and Candy Apple Tele

Glenn F

• Members

:facepalm:

Hi,

This has been a bit of an arduous process. First, there was the Artcore AG95TRD; sent back; then, Artcore AF105VB; returned; then, a Hagstrom HJ-800, which I thought would end the lunacy; returned. So, this shop that I bought the latter two guitars from, doesn't do refunds, and there wasn't a lot in the range of what I had already spent. I did try out a Highway One Tele, which was nice, but it had a gash on the bottom, and they wouldn't budge on the price. I also tried out a MIA Standard, which, again, was nice, but not twice as nice as the MIM. So, the shop was clearing out an Artcore AF75 cheap, and the MIM Tele wasn't too expensive (even though it is a 2009), so with a few more

• Members

Thanks!

This has been a bit hard on my wife, who, as yet, doesn't know that I have TWO new guitars.... :eek:

I just wished I'd grabbed the AF75 first thing. One thing about the Ibanez guitars, some of their more nicely finished models are not necessarily better guitars. The AG95TRD and the AF105VB really turned my head, but, at least in the case of the guitars I've tried lately, weren't really better than the humble AF75.

The Tele is great. After playing .011s on the jazzboxes for a couple of weeks, the .009s are so freaking slinky and easy to play. It sounds great, it plays great, it looks great. I am surprised by the sustain on the thing, even playing completely clean through my Peavey Classic 30. Big thumbs up on this guitar! I specifically went for the 2009 model because it hadn't had the chance to start dying of neglect on the shop's wall.

Cheers!

Glenn

Archived