NAD, meet the latest member of my Peavey family!

kentuckyklira

• Members

I went to a guy's rehearsal space to look at a Jimmie Vaughan strat that he advertised for $300. The strat was a complete mess - it had four rusty strings, the bridge was at about a 60-degree angle from the body, and the neck was out of alignment - but the seller was a nice guy clearly in need of funds.

I told him that I wasn't interested in his guitar, but that if he liked I would spend a few minutes adjusting it for him so that the next potential buyer didn't also walk out on him.

While I'm working and we're talking, the price of the guitar keeps dropping until finally he wants to know if I'll take it for $200. By this point the guitar was indeed seeming more attractive.

The kicker is that as I'm walking out the door with it, the seller suddenly wants to know if I need an amp - which I don't. But he pulls a Peavey Classic 20 down from a shelf and asks if I want it for $100.

How could I resist? So I spent the $300 that I had brought with me, sold the reconstituted JV for $475, and love having the PV C20 for late nights and other applications.

I think it's true - people that have 'em don't want to part with 'em!

PeaveyClassic20.jpg

bb

Archived