NGD: SX STL50 CAR

Hoople Head

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did you read his apology? You are right- it does indeed take a man to apologize. That was not an apology- that was adding gas to his initial fire. I feel silly for even getting involved, but bull{censored} is bull{censored} and that apology was a freaking joke. Read it again.

Done with this {censored}. I'll go back to posting in threads that actually interest me.

Lou

ok I kinda see your point. I think he was actually sorry to piss on the new guitar but he should have just said sorry and not added to it. oh well.

oh happy ngd to op.

• Members

Let's hope not. I wouldn't be able to pass up a sub-$150 double-bound tele in just about any scenario.

Man....I have a book on Telecasters that has a pic of a '60s model in cream/vintage white with BLACK double binding.

It screams sex at me.

• Members

No inside track. This post from the Agile forum has some info:

Also the headstock on this the Agile strats seems like what we'll probably see on the SX line:

Weird. I tried to load the URL and got a 500 server error. I went to edit the URL to go to the main site in case it was a server error on their end (and not Time Warner pissing off owners of backbone lines again) and I accidentally drag n' dropped the URL onto the "desktop" of the browser window. Son of a bitch, it loads that way! I didn't know that.

Anyway.

I hadn't noticed the Agile Strat headstock before. I like the SXs. They're cheap and with a few improvements make for an even better guitar, at still less price than the Agiles. Thanks for pointing that out and the URL to the thread. I should join that forum too, as I know they have a lot of SX fans there too. That headstock looks a LOT like the ones on some of the Johnson/AXL guitars, especially the Strat-ish and Tele-ish ones. I sometimes wonder if they're all made in the same place.

I'm okay with that design if that's what the new ones will have, especially if he gets more of the contoured body ash Teles in. I can modify the headstock to make it "mine." As long as the new ones don't show up with the gaudy "can opener" headstock I mentioned before, and the same overall feel, with some nice fat frets on the neck like they do now, I'll go for one.

• Members

If that one place is China, then you're probably wondering correctly.
:thu:

Heh. I meant the same factory or group of factories, not the country in general if that's what you mean. Hard to tell a quip from serious statement over the internet sometimes. I know that sometimes they get parts from various places and then assemble them at one final place before shipping, at least for other goods.

• Members

Checking in a bit late on this thread, however, congratulations on the new guitar. :thu:

I bought an SX STL 50 vintage white a few months ago. I wanted to try it as a modding platform (new bridge, nut, pots/cap, humbucker in neck, fret levelling) and it worked out great. It's a fun guitar that I love playing.

BTW - another recent Rondo aquisition was this: Douglas WF 150. I'm enjoying this one, too. All I did to this was remove the neck pickup cover and put a white pickguard on.

• Members

I bought an SX STL 50 vintage white a few months ago. I wanted to try it as a modding platform (new bridge, nut, pots/cap,
humbucker in neck
, fret levelling) and it worked out great. It's a fun guitar that I love playing.

Whoops! :cop: That's not quite right. I put a humbucker in the neck position when I first got it but now have a strat pickup in there. Sounds very nice.

Enough about my guitar - Congratulations on your CAR!

Archived