NGD - Roadstar Content!

Sensates

• Members

I've always love Les Pauls, never thought I would become a Strat(although a copy one) guy!

DSCF0532.jpg

DSCF0535.jpg

It's a Ibanez MIJ Roadstar II RS135, the previous owner changed the pickups and saddles to Fenders, replace the worn pickguard and did a refret job. Not so sure about how the gold decals and the sunburst finish comes along, haven't seen another one like that so far on google. Anyway this thing rocks!

• Members

good on ya man. Looks like a post-'84 neck to me.. it has the 22nd fret.

You've got a bit of an oddball on your hands. I suspect it's a total parts-o-star.

You've got a neck and bridge made after 1985, and i'm not sure where the body came from, but it is not a RS135 body - as it was never offered in brown sunburst.

Roadstar spec chart

I suspect it's an RS100, 125 or 205 body from 1983/84 - they came in Brown Sunburst,without being equiped with a floating trem. Kind of a too bad in a way, 'cause those three guitars would be killer in their original form, minus the stock pups fo the RS100.

• Members

Thanks for the infos! I was wrong about the model, just saw that it is actually an RG135, which makes it an '87 neck. This is certainly a neck to die for!!

Now I will be looking out for a twin humbucker version of the RS soon... :D

• Members

Stick to the RG's.. you wouldn't like the original series.. they are garbage. Terrible really. I shall take it upon myself to dispose of such atrocities. :cool:

www.ibanezregister.com

The Old Gallery / The New Gallery are great resources.

Someone I linked this to recently replied that it was virus happy.. I've been visiting it since 2005 without a hitch.

Archived