Report fake ebay auctions

batotman

• Members

If you go to the site qouted on the pics in those ebay auctions:

And read the first line of text:

"We have our own guitar factory and we can make any kind of guitar with any kind of logo you want."

I think the answer to your question should be clear.

For some reason, I was actually surprised to see this at the bottom of the page:

Copyright

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So if a guy's guitar gets totaled and he salvages just the neck and decides to sell it on ebay, all of you are going to jump on his case and call him a liar, a thief and a copyright infringer?
:cop:

Looks to me like you guys either don't know how to sell on ebay or simply are frustrated and just want to ruin everybody else's auctions and income.
:mad:

GET A LIFE, ALL OF YOU.
:idea:

Watch it man!!!! I tried saying the same thing to these guys....

You'll get PM's with name calling, and they will try and get you banned form the site.... Then make fun of you non-stop on this thread.

Not all of them are bad guys,,, just WAY to much time on there hands!

If you REALLY take a look at this thread you will find a number of people with legit E-bay auctions that have been taken down,,

Watch I'll get smashed for posting this... :cry:

• Members

Watch it man!!!! I tried saying the same thing to these guys....

You'll get PM's with name calling, and they will try and get you banned form the site.... Then make fun of you non-stop on this thread.

Not all of them are bad guys,,, just WAY to much time on there hands!

If you REALLY take a look at this thread you will find a number of people with legit E-bay auctions that have been taken down,,

Watch I'll get smashed for posting this...
:cry:

I'll simply ask you this: do you think that custom shop neck he was referencing was real? :D

If the answer is yes, then perhaps you could explain to me why it sold for less than the Mexican 57 RI necks? :idk::D :D

• Members

Hmmm, musta missed those. If I had more of this time you claim the proponents of this thread all have I'd go back to the (one) incident I can remember and refresh myself. From memory it was a seller who railed like a mofo that he'd been falsely shut down but couldn't produce pictures of the guitar in question or what he'd claimed about it.

Though shrouded in mystery, to paraphrase the prevailing sentiment at the time, if it even happened, it was acceptable collateral damage in the struggle to clean up the rampant abuse of that site. If the seller was indeed innocent he could take a clue and relist the item with better photos and clearer description.

• Members

I'll simply ask you this: do you think that custom shop neck he was referencing was real?
:D

If the answer is yes, then perhaps you could explain to me why it sold for less than the Mexican 57 RI necks?
:idk::D
:D

He's just mad cause one of his fake eBay auctions got shut-down, and someone told him it was because of this thread...

Too bad this thread is being relegated to the dust-pile of history, as it may have actually saved a member or two from making a *BIG* mistake :poke: :freak:

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Here's a pretty obvious fake Joe Perry Boneyard LP. The S/N corresponds to a legit 2004 Boneyard, but the finish is wrong, the headstock shape is wrong, the logos are wrong, and the bridge has screw-slots in the adjustment posts -- all signs of a Chinese fake.

I've alerted eBay and Gibson, also contacted the seller, and am watching the auction to warn the winning bidder if it doesn't get shut down.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/John-Mayer-strat-Custom-Relic-Tribute-Shop-Stratocaster_W0QQitemZ220241913233QQihZ012QQcategoryZ156025QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

I wouldn't call it a fake - I mean he says right in the description that it's not a Fender CS creation. At least I don't THINK anybody would be misled by the ad. OTOH - I don't think he's going to get too many hits on this...

• Members

I wouldn't call it a fake - I mean he says right in the description that it's not a Fender CS creation. At least I don't THINK anybody would be misled by the ad. OTOH - I don't think he's going to get too many hits on this...

the title though is a violation

the rolleyes was for the price :D

• 1 year later...
  • Members

My apologies for bumping the thread.

Do you think this guy is legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180338531228&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=156025&salenotsupported

are you {censored}ting me? he has 251 transactions in 7 years, all positive and he's called Ozark Guitars

doesn't get any more legit :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

are you {censored}ting me? he has 251 transactions in 7 years, all positive and he's called Ozark Guitars

doesn't get any more legit
:facepalm:

Multiple sales on these auctions within the past few weeks and no positive feedback.

Are there any other places on the net that would have a comparable price?

• Members

are you only wanting a new one? cause you can get them for under a grand if you're patient and they don't have to be perfect

Not really new but would prefer one with noiseless pickups.

Should I only be looking on eBay?

Archived