Report fake ebay auctions

batotman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The ones from guitarthings looked like good quality wood. Do you think that their just laminated? Wouldn't put it past these {censored}ers eh? Do you reckon they would put the effort and money in to real quilted maple???

Wow! You spent a lot more time on those pics than I did! I reported the website to Gibson though...

• Members
Thank you for contacting us.

We are pleased to inform you that the following listing(s) you reported have been removed from eBay in response to the Notice of Claimed Infringement you recently sent:

leo_wang2010

We have notified the seller and all participating bidders that the listing(s) has been removed due to your request.

If the Notice of Claimed Infringement contained items that are not listed above you will receive a separate email communication about those items. These notices may arrive at different times (over a period of up to several hours) as items for different sellers are processed separately.

If you should have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

VeRO Program

eBay Trust & Safety

• Members

this guys in england, selling fake epiphone's shipped direct from china, i bought one out of interest, there very good copy's but the headstocks wrong near the top, the mother of pearl inlay in the headstock is all wrong, pot and selector switch cavity's are painted black, input jack is sticking out and silver, (should be inwards and gold) the gigbag had a fake gibson logo ironed on it too, also when i opened the case there was a reastrong smell of glue, took it to band practice and the pickups squeeled like a bitch, and we all ogt high off the glue fumes coming from the bag, sending thr guitar back to the ebay advertiser in england tomorrow for a full refund, lots of stupid or beginners bought his fake stuff and non the wiser, heres his ebay link and page
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-By-Gibson-Black-Beauty-Custom-Les-Paul-NEW_W0QQitemZ110183723364QQihZ001QQcategoryZ33037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-By-Gibson-Black-Custom-Les-Paul-NEW_W0QQitemZ110183723354QQihZ001QQcategoryZ33037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Nnilswerdna-Guitars

• Members

Excuse me, I forgot to use it..:freak:

So about the Black Beauty's from England.. (#989)
I was searching for a little "mistake", as a tell-tale sign, but i wasn't able to fnd it.. So I would appreciate if someone could tell me where it is, and where is the mistake in teh pearl logo.?

Thanx,
ibraa

please use the quote function

which one are you talking about?

• Members

Hi snakefoot,

ibraa mentioned not being able to find the faults you mentioned, are you referring to the guitar you purchased? If so, could you upload some pics please - thanks :-) If it's with one of the guitars on this site, can you link in which pics you are talking about with the fault?

this guys in england, selling fake epiphone's shipped direct from china, i bought one out of interest, there very good copy's but the headstocks wrong near the top, the mother of pearl inlay in the headstock is all wrong, pot and selector switch cavity's are painted black, input jack is sticking out and silver, (should be inwards and gold) the gigbag had a fake gibson logo ironed on it too, also when i opened the case there was a reastrong smell of glue, took it to band practice and the pickups squeeled like a bitch, and we all ogt high off the glue fumes coming from the bag, sending thr guitar back to the ebay advertiser in england tomorrow for a full refund, lots of stupid or beginners bought his fake stuff and non the wiser, heres his ebay link and page

• Members

Hi!

I was talking about this guitar:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-By-Gibson-Black-Beauty-Custom-Les-Paul-NEW_W0QQitemZ110183723364QQihZ001QQcategoryZ33037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-By-Gibson-Black-Custom-Les-Paul-NEW_W0QQitemZ110183723354QQihZ001QQcategoryZ33037QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Check it! :wave:

Hi snakefoot,

ibraa mentioned not being able to find the faults you mentioned, are you referring to the guitar you purchased? If so, could you upload some pics please - thanks :-) If it's with one of the guitars on this site, can you link in which pics you are talking about with the fault?

• Members

hi guys the mother of pearl inlay is too short, it should come down to the truss rod cover and the four quarters that make up the diamond are spaced too far apart, the guitar jack is a silver 'outtie' should be a gold 'innie' the pot cavity's were painted black and badly soldered, the guy gave me a full refund, and admitted that it was fake, 'but one that had slipped though' it was very well done, but little things gave it away, also when i played the 'd' string the whole guitar vibrated, lol oh and it came with a green strap that said 'Rambo' on it - lmao, if it was genuine would'nt it say epiphone or be plain?

• Members
some jackass on the Gear Page has attacked our thread calling it "the little thread" and saying we don't know anything

i'm thinking from the phrasing it's our good friend wrathchild
:D

The little thread that is officially the most viewed thread in HCEG history! :wave:

I don't visit the Gear Page or Fender Forum because they are beyond lame. :cop:

• Members

Some of the worst Gibson Fakes ever. Headstock, truss rod cover + screws, paint looks really thin.

Hilarious - as if they're not even trying. Serial numbers stamped, or printed (or overlaid by computer. Different headstocks, logos. Man, at least get a little organized.

Archived