Great Knopfler Performance

mrbrown49

• Members

How's the rest of it? I've only seen the few clips on youtube.

It's good. He has a string section on some of it and then he has some traditional musicians. Good version of Rudiger as well.

Most of the stuff is off Golden Heart - starts off with Darling Pretty.

Def worth buying IMHO

• Members

It's good. He has a string section on some of it and then he has some traditional musicians. Good version of Rudiger as well.

Most of the stuff is off Golden Heart - starts off with Darling Pretty.

Def worth buying IMHO

I probably will end up getting it. I love the way he plays some of the golden heart songs live.

• Members

How's the rest of it? I've only seen the few clips on youtube.

The whole show is around Youtube if you look, as are dozens of others, you just have to piece together a couple of playlists. Plus, since Knopfler is okay with recordings at his concerts (though, just recently, not video, because the cameras were getting in the way of the rest of the audience), the sure number of boots available for D/L online is huge.

• Members
The whole show is around Youtube if you look, as are dozens of others, you just have to piece together a couple of playlists. Plus, since Knopfler is okay with recordings at his concerts (though, just recently, not video, because the cameras were getting in the way of the rest of the audience), the sure number of boots available for D/L online is huge.

Nice! I had no idea he let people bootleg his shows. Let the dling commence. :)

• Members

hi , I have that DVD too, its a great DVD, in my opinion its worth getting too if you liked the material on "golden heart" album...:thu:

ON A DOWN NOTE REGARDING KNOPFLER and DVD's

I love Knopflers music, but i am really sad to see that he hasnt released very many DVD concerts over the years,,,,I have all of claptons, he seems to put out one concert performance DVD a year, which is cool if your a fan...

But knopfler's material on DVD is limited,,,and even WORSE is that the old stuff is not available on DVD yet,,,that old alchemy concert that was released years ago on VHS tape, i went to look for a new DVD copy of it and couldnt find one, thats a shame,,,,,

Also is SAD that the few stuff that Knopfler has out on DVD is not exactly in the greatest version of surround sound or DTS....is kinda lame recording quality as far as taking full advantage of the surround sound that most people have now begun to use to really enhance the dynamics and presence of their music....with some of the new performers you feel just like your sitting in amongst the band,,,some really great surround sound stuff is coming out these days...

WHY SHOULD WE CARE IF KNOPFLERS NOT IN SURROUND ?

well the thing with knopfler is that alot of what has always blown people away about his albums apart from his splendid musicianship was his incredible tones and guitar textures that you heard, he was top notch in the recording studio, with albums like brothers in arms being a masterpiece of tonal creativity...Therefore I, as probably did many others expect when artists started releasing DVD concerts with amazing sound quality in DTS and Surround with various instruments projecting from the various speakers that knopfler would be coming out with something in this format that again would knock everyones socks off just as brothers in arms did,,,

but sadly i have yet to hear any knopfler DVDs that have taken advantage of this new surround format of high quality sound....which is a shame,,,,not even the Alchemy concert has been released onto dvd in DTS yet,,,,and im afraid now that if it were released that its mix into 5.1 DTS will be lack luster and very plain jane judging by the other knoplfer DVD stuff out there so far...

Its just that when I think of mark knopfler and his guitar playing ability and his combined artistic creativity with guitar textures and tones it reminds me of that other great innovator in the recording studio Jimi Hendrix , just listen to some the wild panning that was on those old Jimi records and one could just imagine the creative ways that jimi would have spread panned and positioned the sound in todays modern DTS or 5.1 systems if he were still with us today....

So its not that i dont like mark, because I really love his music and have all his albums and video on VHS and DVD, all im saying is that because i do actually have such high regard for the audio ART that he has given us in the old stereo format that my expectations for him in the new surround formats were much higher for him than all the other guitarist out there....mark is a guitar player extraordinaire and his playing alone can carry him very far even if he only choose to record in mono..., but as we have seen in the past he is also a creative genius in the studio, and can paint a musical sound scape like few others in the music world, it would be nice if he would start to take full advantage of this new canvas that is available to him now a days and finally paint a master piece using the full range that modern surround sound has to offer....

hey mark if you want me to help you mix up some surround DTS 5.1 dvd's just ask man...:thu:.... (i wont be holding my breath waiting for him to call though...:cry:) ...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

;)

Archived