June Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members

In the mail I got a coupon for 15% off at Guitar Center next week. This past weekend I had a Sam Ash coupon for $100 off purchases of $499+, and for tomorrow 20% off.

Though I have a fair amount of money from some recent gear sales, there's nothing that I really want that bad! I'm trying to think of something that I could use the coupon for tomorrow :-)

Mark

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Dammit. I could have resisted if the deal was about to end, but if it's going to be just sitting out there for a few weeks I have no hope at all.

I absolutely do not need another guitar for ANYTHING right now, but I think those Melody Makers are soooooo cool!

I think you can take your time.
I just called and double checked, the melody maker deal is going until July 26th, not June 30th.
:thu:
I hope to get one if the next Fender friday deal or 2 isn't as good as the Jag deal they had....

• Members

Does Guitar Center ever run anymore decent sales? I remember a few years ago, their sales were pretty good, nowadays, it seems like they exclude anything worthwhile.. The best sales that I am seeing are from MF (especially the Fender fridays and periodic specials on the faded Gibbies) and M123 with the BLEM25 sale..

• Members

Remember that Takamine acoustic World Music Supply supposely were blowing off a month ago? MF have it now for the same 199 price

Catch? "Available: 07-27-2009". Still...

Picked one up from samash.com through their VIP deal for 225. Really comfortable guitar to play, and the burst is much more dark brown in person, none of that ugly redness. The sound is incredible plugged in. Great deal if you can get one at 199.

• Members

Picked one up from samash.com through their VIP deal for 225. Really comfortable guitar to play, and the burst is much more dark brown in person, none of that ugly redness. The sound is incredible plugged in. Great deal if you can get one at 199.

I got it from a pricematch to WorldMusicSupply back when they were offering it at $200. Plugged in sound is good as noted, but it's pretty rinky-tinky unplugged...Definitely has the 3/4 scale thin sound issue unplugged. But it's very pretty, workmanship is top notch, and it's light and easy to pick up and play.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for a clearance item listed as in stock a month from now. My experience is that 95% of the time, that means it will never ship. Of course, it doesn't hurt to try...

• Members

I got it from a pricematch to WorldMusicSupply back when they were offering it at $200. Plugged in sound is good as noted, but it's pretty rinky-tinky unplugged...Definitely has the 3/4 scale thin sound issue unplugged. But it's very pretty, workmanship is top notch, and it's light and easy to pick up and play.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for a clearance item listed as in stock a month from now. My experience is that 95% of the time, that means it will never ship. Of course, it doesn't hurt to try...

Thanks for the mini-review. I was very tempted when I saw this, but since I'll be playing it unplugged most of the time, I think I'll pass.

• Members

Does MF or Music123 usually have a 4th of July sale?

I've been checking this thread for deals but nothing has applied to what I want. I'm holding out hope that there will be some kind of generic sale this week.

Doesn't everyone have a 4th of July sale? These companies will have a sale on any given day of the week and make a huge deal out of it.

• Members

FWIW, Samash.com is running a call-in 20% off special today. I used it to get an ESP/LTD M-200UC (on clearance). Total was $240 shipped to my door.

Got the same deal. rep said it was applicable to orders over 199 only. I wound up ordering something worth 140, and he still applied the discount. Seems like they have a lot of leeway with this one.

• Members

wow, you guys really need to grab up a $250 melody maker. mine arrived today and my expectation DEFINITELY was exceeded -- far exceeded. gonna post more details in its own thread, but needless to say, as long as you don't mind (or perhaps even prefer) a very raw feeling and looking finish, this thing compares favorably to the gibson lp studio I had (and was unimpressed with). and by "favorably" I mean unquestionably BETTER (to me, anyway, ymmv obviously). worksmanship is all you could ask for, guitar really is very nice and a lot of fun. stocker pup sounds kinda like a telecaster, believe it or not (but bigger and hotter). and yes, I know how to set up a guitar, the MM needed more out of box setup than the LPS did.

I'm not a honeymooner who will love anything that arrives. I want to love everything that arrives, but sometimes I'm just not impressed. the gibson les paul studio faded didn't impress me. the melody maker does impress me. $250 seems like theft.

to recap: musician's friend has a phone-only special to get white colored gibson melody makers for $250 (ordinarily costs $490 or so). you may have to keep asking until the representative finds it in the computer, but it's there.

• Members

wow, you guys really need to grab up a $250 melody maker. mine arrived today and my expecation DEFINITELY was exceeded -- far exceeded. gonna post more details in its own thread, but needless to say, as long as you don't mind (or perhaps even prefer) a very raw feeling and looking finish, this thing compares favorably to the gibson lp studio I had (and was unimpressed with). and by "favorably" I mean unquestionably BETTER (to me, anyway, ymmv obviously). worksmanship is all you could ask for, guitar really is very nice and a lot of fun. stocker pup sounds kinda like a telecaster, believe it or not (but bigger and hotter). melody maker needed a bit more time on setup out of the box than the les paul did (mainly just lowering action and tightening truss rod and lowering the pup) but at the end of the day it just feels better and sounds acoustically better with a more sensitive fretboard.

I'm not a honeymooner who will love anything that arrives. I want to love everything that arrives, but sometimes I'm just not impressed. the gibson les paul studio faded didn't impress me. the melody maker does impress me. $250 seems like theft.

Just one PUP tough. I'm having trouble getting past that.

- w

• Members

Just one PUP tough. I'm having trouble getting past that.

- w

well, it's a great "rock and roll" guitar, for cranking those crunch tones where you only need the bridge pickup. which is why it might be a nice idea to install a humbucker, which I'm considering (even though the stocker sounds really nice).

sorry for chitchatting further in the deals thread.. this'll be my last for now.

• Members

well, it's a great "rock and roll" guitar, for cranking those crunch tones where you only need the bridge pickup. which is why it might be a nice idea to install a humbucker, which I'm considering (even though the stocker sounds really nice).

sorry for chitchatting further in the deals thread.. this'll be my last for now.

For the benefit of me and others - where was the Melody Maker a call in blow out? Musican's Friend?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your contributions here.

- W

• Members

For the benefit of me and others - where was the Melody Maker a call in blow out? Musican's Friend?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your contributions here.

- W

sure, but I can't take credit for the $250 MM deal since I found it in this thread myself.

call musician's friend, 8664629293, get on the line with a sales rep, and ask for a phone-only sale on a gibson melody maker. they may read you other deals and you may have to keep asking until they eventually find it, but it's definitely there.

• Members

wow, you guys really need to grab up a $250 melody maker. mine arrived today and my expectation DEFINITELY was exceeded -- far exceeded. gonna post more details in its own thread, but needless to say, as long as you don't mind (or perhaps even prefer) a very raw feeling and looking finish, this thing compares favorably to the gibson lp studio I had (and was unimpressed with). and by "favorably" I mean unquestionably BETTER (to me, anyway, ymmv obviously). worksmanship is all you could ask for, guitar really is very nice and a lot of fun. stocker pup sounds kinda like a telecaster, believe it or not (but bigger and hotter). and yes, I know how to set up a guitar, the MM needed more out of box setup than the LPS did.

to recap: musician's friend has a phone-only special to get white colored gibson melody makers for $250 (ordinarily costs $490 or so). you may have to keep asking until the representative finds it in the computer, but it's there.

Melody Makers are great, and that was a fantastic deal.

Archived