Since when did Agile get such sexy finishes?

Steve the Hero

• Members

looks great and probably blows the epiphones away. Maybe even made by the same factory???

The factory that makes Agile made some guitars for Epiphone back when Epiphone was made in Korea.

• Members

Did you have a design in the running? What was your favorite?

I think I had a rudimentary drawing but there were several I liked a lot that others posted.

I wish that thread was still on Harmony Central. I have searched in vain for it. I guess it dropped off into the abyss.

• Members

I think I had a rudimentary drawing but there were several I liked a lot that others posted.

I wish that thread was still on Harmony Central. I have searched in vain for it. I guess it dropped off into the abyss.

If I recall most of them were naive attempts to simply alter the Gibson headstock. And that obviously wasn't going to fly. I am a professional designer and did a bit of research to come up with something that I believe was original, or at least unique enough to differentiate the guitars from Gibsons (for the headstock).

• Members

If I recall most of them were naive attempts to simply alter the Gibson headstock. And that obviously wasn't going to fly. I am a professional designer and did a bit of research to come up with something that I believe was original, or at least unique enough to differentiate the guitars from Gibsons (for the headstock).

I, for one, have no problem with the headstock. In fact, I think it is quite elegant and compliments the shape of the body as well as adding to the over-all aesthetic.

Good job.

• Members

True which was why we were going in that direction. Gibson has a great design arguably one of the best 3x3 headstocks ever. Ibanez with the Castle headstock has a good take on the Gibson headstock.

If you would have taken a direction on something like the Castle headstock or others we posted I'm certain there wouldn't have been any Gibson lawsuits and they would have looked more appropriate for a Les Paul guitar than a wave which just makes an Agile frankly look like a cheap guitar now.

I will say it again if there was a better looking headstock on those Agiles I would have bought quite a bit more. Maybe in hindsight that is a good thing or I'd have 15-20 Agile guitars due to GAS so at least now I have more spending money and GAS is cured with Agiles.

Also I don't get the snyde remark about naive attempts when most of those ideas looked better than the "professionally designed" final product. If it was all about steering as far away from a Gibson headstock for fear of their lawsuits, I would take a 3x3 paddle headstock as a better look than that wave design.

• Members

True which was why we were going in that direction. Gibson has a great design arguably one of the best 3x3 headstocks ever. Ibanez with the Castle headstock has a good take on the Gibson headstock.

If you would have taken a direction on something like the Castle headstock or others we posted I'm certain there wouldn't have been any Gibson lawsuits and they would have looked more appropriate for a Les Paul guitar than a wave which just makes an Agile frankly look like a cheap guitar now.

I will say it again if there was a better looking headstock on those Agiles I would have bought quite a bit more. Maybe in hindsight that is a good thing or I;d have 15-20 Agile guitars due to GAS so at least now I have more spending money and GAS is cured witgh Agiles.

they are cheap guitars. lol

Archived