I think there might be something wrong with me

nuke_diver

• Members

This place is losing it's effect :eek:

I turned 50 today :cool:,yup that old.

And yet I didn't get myself any new cool guitar or amp. Nor do I want one. I'm pretty happy with everything I have. And yet I could have used this as a perfect excuse to go out and buy something extravagant. :idea:

What the hell is wrong with me :confused:

So show me something cool to see if the G.A.S can be rekindled otherwise I think it might be hopeless :evil::facepalm:

• Members

Happy 50th B- day.

Nah I've been like that lately too.

I think I'm just more selective than I used to be.

Everything that I've tried , except for a couple of amps, I've walked away thinking the money was better saved.

Instead of buying another guitar this year for my birthday, I bought a couple of pedals and a drum machine.

The pedals were on the radar for a while and the drum machine I've needed for a couple of years.

• Members

Happy birthday!

I've got 5 more years before I hit 50. I was going to buy a nice motorcycle for myself when I hit that landmark but when I started going back and forth on the idea my wife (who was kinda relieved I think) suggested I spend that money on guitar gear.

SWEET!:love:

Now I just wish I had made those plans for when I turn 45. I'd be a month away from my shopping spree.:facepalm:

• Members

Happy birthday!

I've got 5 more years before I hit 50. I was going to buy a nice motorcycle for myself when I hit that landmark but when I started going back and forth on the idea my wife (who was kinda relieved I think) suggested I spend that money on guitar gear.

SWEET!
:love:
Now I just wish I had made those plans for when I turn 45. I'd be a month away from my shopping spree.
:facepalm:

What a great idea. Propose a $25k motorcycle, then when she flips out, backing off to a $2k guitar sounds like a safe bargain. Brilliant.

EG

• Members

I loved my 83 911 SC, though it could be an adventure. I'm assuming that they finally got the AC to work in those things, cause it never worked in mine...and it had a black leather interior...in Florida. Loved it though. My wife really misses it.

• Members

Happy birthday nuke!

I turned 50 last year and was gonna get a Fender strat in Oly white. In fact I ordered it, got it delivered but it had issues and was sent back. I could have got the same thing, maybe was a lemon but I decided to broaden my search. Ended up with a Japanese Pacifica with a warmoth neck for about the same price as the american standard.

It's not too late to go for something nice. It's still your birthday! :thu:

Archived