Post your own unique 'signature' (modified) guitars thread!

Anonymous Guy

• Members

Post any modifications (pickguards, pickups, knobs, decals, stickers, refinishes, etc.) you've done to make your guitars look, play, and/or sound different from their stock incarnations!

Not-so Black and Chrome Jaguar Special HH:

DSCN1671.jpg

Modifications:

- 3-ply Parchment Pickguard

- Jazz Bass control knobs

- GFS Alnico II Classic Nickel (Bridge + Neck pair)

The stock Dragster pickups were pretty low output single-coil sounding pickups. The Alnico II Classics actually push the Jaguar into Les Paul territory.

Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster (converted to HSS):

DSCN1673.jpg

Modifications:

- GFS Pearloid HSS pickguard

- Seymour Duncan JB (Bridge)

- GFS import full-size tremolo block

- Bone Nut

- Switchcraft jack

- Wilkinson Deluxe Kluson-style tuners

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Still doing some mods to this, but so far..

IMG_0076.jpg

'09 MIM tele - pickups replaced with bare knuckle mule humbucker (neck) and bare knuckle piledriver single coil (bridge). new allparts pickguard as well as 500k pots.

might change the bridge and tuners at some point.

• Members

Squier Vintage Modified Thinline Tele: Rio Grande "Muy Grande" (bridge), TV Jones (routed for neck), custom anaconda snakeskin pickguard blank from Warmoth

IMG_0665.jpg

99' Epi Custom Flametop: SD 59' (bridge), SD Jazz (neck), Alpha push/pulls in the vols/tones for the Jimmy Page mod, Hovland caps, tusq nut

EpiLPfullsideways2.jpg

Agile AS820: SD Seth Lovers, tusq nut

AS-820body1.jpg

70's Harmony strat copy: Originally blonde, refin'd with daphne blue and rag-rolled sterling silver metallic, new electronics and copper shielding, reshaped headstock, new custom logo

HarmonyStratfull1.jpg

HarmonyStratendview1.jpg

• Members

here's mine.

DSC_0059.jpg

replaced the pickups with GFS Mean 90s. Then added in that rotary switch to allow for additional pickup combinations (series and out-of-phase in a addition to the standard three). Might eventually add a Bigsby. Also changed out the original speed knobs for a set of black Tele knobs.

Liked the color way too much to attempt a refinish. also has some nicks and even a gouge or two from falls, and an odd bit of blue paint that somehow ended up on the back.

....and yeah, I like buttons.

• Members

1993 PRS CE-24

Replaced plastic output jack holder and black pickup rings with metal versions.

Took out the 5-way and put in push/pull volume and 3-way.

Replaced pups with custom Manlius pickups. Brass knob on the 3-way

Amber speed knobs without numbers.

Rewired all electronics. Put 047 Orange drop cap in.

5249_1164130018048_1071781878_521024_716

• Members

OK, I'll play :D

LP Mahogany Studio, converted to wrap bridge, DiMarzio Air Classics, Tru-Oil clear finish over the stock color.

014-done-front2.jpg

Fender Jimmie Vaughan Strat, replaced neck with a rosewood compound radius MM one, Warmoth reverse slant pickguard, MV, MT, blender control. Sings sweet. It's for sale BTW :cool:

mm_neck.jpg

• Members

no mods,just a refinish on this one...it's a Westbury Standard that was given to me...

before

westbury005.jpg

after

westbury056.jpg

this one i gave $50 for.hand made,swamp ash body,maple top,maple neck,and rosewood board...she's getting a set of GFS mean 90's.i'm trying to think of a good headstock logo...

westbury060.jpg

westbury062.jpg

westbury067.jpg

Damon

• Members

This guitar is a mutt, older Highway 1 neck, Deluxe Player's body, GFS Boston Blues pickups. Schaller locking tuners.

dsc00129iqz.jpg

Changed the stock INF pickups to a SD Seth Lover in the neck, and BKP Ceramic Nailbomb in the bridge. Also changed the volume pot to a push/pull and added a CRL spring switch.

dsc00126klk.jpg

• Members

Peavey Nitro Custom

Bill Lawrence L-500XL bridge pickup

Bartolini SuperStrat neck pickup

Schaller Floyd Rose bridge

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/one4rich/Gear%20Pics/?action=view&current=PDRM0086.jpg

This pic is from before I got the L-500XL...that one is an L-450.

Here's one of the guitar with the 500: http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/one4rich/Gear%20Pics/?action=view&current=100_1303.jpg

Archived