Post your own unique 'signature' (modified) guitars thread!

Anonymous Guy

• Members

First off, I don't own this one yet, but I'm going to start piecing it together soon. Mark my words. This guitar will be in this thread some day soon! (Perhaps even with a Bigsby!)

Telemasterprototype.jpg

This used to be a MIM Strat, but I swapped the body out for a Highway 1 body a few years back (also added some Lindy Fralin pups), and it's gotten pretty beat up, so I guess this was my most natural aesthetic modification so far. God, I love how nitro finishes get destroyed so easy haha.

Strat-1.jpg

I'm pretty proud of this one. It was a Jag HH special, and I ended up installing a Bigsby with the help of a vibramate sometime around Christmas last year, and I installed Seymour Duncan Phat Cats in it. It keeps making it's way closer to being my number 1 guitar. :love:

Jaguar.jpg

Then my personal favorite is my modded Squier Super-Sonic. I painted over the headstock, changed the tuners, swapped the pups out for a Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck and JB in the bridge, added a silver competition stripe, and I installed the touchscreen from a Korg KP2 Kaoss Pad so that I can control the effect parameter's by using the touch screen on the body of the guitar. I would have to say this one is still my pride and joy.

Supersonic-1.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
171.jpg

My Douglas (left), and my strat (right). I've kinda modded both of these.

With the Strat I've put in a GFS pre-wired guard with pickups, I put graphtech saddles, nut, and string trees on it, it's had some fret work done to it, and it's had a trem-setter installed, plus Dunlop Strap-locks. I thinking of adding locking tuners next, and maybe a new trem.

My Douglas doesn't have all that much work done, but I installed Graphtech saddles, and on the baseplate of trem it says BH, so I guess it is my own signature guitar.:p I'm thinking of putting new pickups in the Douglas.

• Members
hardtail027.jpg
hardtail026.jpg
hardtail028.jpg
This is literally a dumpster find. Did the hardtail conversion, got a neck from USACG, some pups & a bridge from GFS and made a p/g out of formica. The rest, except paint, I had. Guess you could say it's modified a bit.

• Members

Is the "tarnished" hardware wearing out underneath that knob revealing...shiny chrome?

Yes, in this photo. I found some replacement cosmo black control plates from the same model guitar on eBay that weren't worn down and replaced the old ones since then though.

• Members

Post any modifications (pickguards, pickups, knobs, decals, stickers, refinishes, etc.) you've done to make your guitars look, play, and/or sound different from their stock incarnations!

it would be much easier for me to post guitars that haven't had the changes you specify...

this is the ONLY guitar I have not modded in one way or another... every other guitar I have every owned was modded in one of the ways you listed :freak:

dcam1890ge4.jpg

EDIT: And now that I posted this, I should mention I wanna put Classic 57 pups in this one ;)

EDIT2: oops, strap locks don't count, right? cuz this one has schallers on it... :lol:

Archived