NGD: First Act Limited Edition Sheena (US)

ArKay

• Members

Had been looking for one for quite some time and found it on eBay UK for a good price so I couldn't resist.

Country of Manufacture USA

Year 2006

Body Alder, Bound

Neck Two-piece Flame Maple with Walnut Center Strip

D Profile

Inlays Black Pigment

Construction Set-In

Fingerboard Birdseye Maple with Black Binding

No. of Frets 22, Jumbo

Nut Hand-Cut Corian

Scale 25"

Hardware Chrome

Bridge FA Proprietary String-through Retainer and Tailpiece

Tuners Gotoh 510

Pickups FA Single Coil Neck Pup with Hand-wound AlNiCo Magnet

FA Humbucker with Hand-wound AlNiCo V Magnets

Pickguard 3-Ply Black

Finish Transparent Amber, Nitro

Controls 2 x Volume (Series/parallel Switch on Bridge Pickup)

1 x Tone, 3-way Pickup Selector

sheena_le_01.jpg

sheena_le_02.jpg

sheena_le_03.jpg

sheena_le_04.jpg

sheena_le_05.jpg

sheena_le_06.jpg

sheena_le_07.jpg

sheena_le_08.jpg

sheena_le_09.jpg

sheena_le_10.jpg

• Members

I've had the pleasure of playing a few of their US-made guitars at their showroom. Really nice and very unique guitars - top notch stuff and yours seems like no exception. The imports, even the more expensive ones, a real mixed bag, erring more towards the bad side of things.

They've got their own vibe going on for sure! How do you like it? Very pretty, and nice pics too

• Members

I've had the pleasure of playing a few of their US-made guitars at their showroom. Really nice and very unique guitars - top notch stuff and yours seems like no exception. The imports, even the more expensive ones, a real mixed bag, erring more towards the bad side of things.

They've got their own vibe going on for sure! How do you like it? Very pretty, and nice pics too

It's my 2nd US model, I also have a Delia I've found locally as well. Given that First Act doesn't get much exposure here in Europe I was surprised to find them on eBay. A shop in the UK is currently blowing out 2 US models (Lola & Sheena), but there doesn't seem to be much interest except for a few people which post here and have heard of the brand.

It's a wonderful guitar, I was shocked when I got the Delia so I've become somewhat of a First Act fan. This guitar didn't let me down either. Very well made, resonant, sweet sounds. Can't wait to see what other models they come up with in the future.

• Members

I was jealous when you got the Delia, now I'm just doubly so.
:love:
That Sheena is just stunning and I know you wouldn't buy another if they weren't just exceptional guitars. Can you elaborate a little on the tonez and the differences?

It has a raunchy single-coil in the neck position contrary to the Delia which has 2 humbuckers. The bridge pickup can be switched to parallel mode which removes much of the low-end. It's more versatile then the Delia.

Like I told you last time though my time & skills are limited at the moment.

• Members

It has a raunchy single-coil in the neck position contrary to the Delia which has 2 humbuckers. The bridge pickup can be switched to parallel mode which removes much of the low-end. It's more versatile then the Delia.

Like I told you last time though my time & skills are limited at the moment.

Thanks buddy, I gotta try one. Those buckers look like they could do the Gretsch thing.:cool:

• Members

Thanks buddy, I gotta try one. Those buckers look like they could do the Gretsch thing.
:cool:

I've never tried a Gretsch... Good thing about those US models--contrary to the imports--is that you can replace the pickups since they are square and not rounded off.

sheena_06.jpg

sheena_le_05.jpg

Archived