Moving guitars in multi stands

ArKay

• Members

I say it would work if you hooked right below the neck holder part. BUT if you thinking of moving it like to gigs or something in a truck then that whole rack needs to be inside of a box. With no box around it all the other gears is going to mess your guitars up.

So moving 5 guitars room to room in a house, it will work

Moving it to gigs and stuff like that, thats a no go put them in the cases

• Members

I will be moving soon and I don't have cases for the majority of guitars, that's the problem.

So I figured that I could line them up on the truck and fix them with those bands right below those "spacers".

• Members

Damn. It's 5 guitars. You have two hands. Move all 5 and the stand in three trips. If it's a long trip, put the guitars in the cases and put everything on a cart.

Not talking about 5 guitars, nor about _1_ stand here :cop:

• Members

If you hit some bumps the guitars may skip around a bit at the base. You might be able to wrap some blankets or comforters in between - but at that point you might as well detune and wrap them individually sans racks. :idk:

Probably dicey with the racks, if ya know what I mean. just my .02.

• Members

Do you already own the multi stands? If not, spend the money on gig bags. I've piled guitars on top of each other in gig bags and had no issues.

Yup, I already own the stands. I have 3 so the plan is to place them in a row and put some kind of padding between them so that they can't turn over.

The guitars should sit tight enough in the stands fixed with those rubber bands. That's the plan, was just wondering if anyone has done this before and if it works :lol:

• Members

Honestly if those are 500+ dollar guitars or just ones that are cheap but valuable to you I would get atleast some gig bags for them. I would go to a local guitar store and try and get a deal on buying a large number of gig bags. I think its worth the investment especially if you can afford 15 guitars you can afford some gig bags.

• Members

this is why i never buy a guitar w/o a case.....i'd be real leery of trying to move them in that stand.

I rather have them in stands than inside cases, makes them easier to grab. :idk:

The guitars have enough weight for the stands so they shouldn't fall over easily. I will figure something out.

• Members

i assume you didn't keep the boxes they came in?

you could always go to music store and ask if they have any boxes they are tossing....

I only have crappy boxes left from poorly packed guitars I got on eBay. It's not that easy since I'm only home on the weekends. I don't even have a car so I have to be a little more creative.

• Members

Either go out and buy gig bags or cases for the guitars you dont have cases for or at the very least get guitar shipping boxes from ups or fed exe store for em and filled with styrofoam peanuts or whatever padding. You might also as last resort if unable to pay for either of these at least go to your local guitar center etc and beg em for guitar shiiper boxes. How someone would have even one guitar without a gig bag or case for it is beyond me. Makes no sense at all. Trying to move em in that stand in truck with blankets around em will probably result in at least one with broken neck. Make room for them in back seat of a couple cars well wrapped in blankets rather then as your proposing.

• Members

If you get the large boxes stand them up with packing material all around.No offence but my respect for you has just drop a few steps.

I don't have a {censored}load of time, I am only home on the weekends since I am working in a distant city. I don't have a car, nor is it easy to get huge shipping boxes like that where I live. So I have to work with what I have which isn't much.

• Members

Gee, Rainer, i wouldn't do it. Like mentionned above, the guitars will rotate a bit and fall off and what not. What about buying a big roll (1 meter wide, 30 meter long) of bubble wrap from a moving company and wrap your guitars individualy, then tape five of those together and wrap once more, taping it around for added stability. That would make packages that are transportable and easy to fit in your moving vehicule.

• Members

They won't fall off since I will fix them with those rubber things I posted. I will add some padding though to stabilize them. The roads here in Germany aren't all that bumpy as you should know! Autobahn most of the time :)

Archived