Moving guitars in multi stands

ArKay

• Members

Yeah, bubblewrap and blankets, and you're moving them yourself (no airport handling) so that oughta work. First I thought you were just gonna put them in the stand with that strap, that would be very risky, but with added padding it should work. Make sure you fasten the stands to the inside wall though so they don't fall over.

• Members

Yeah, bubblewrap and blankets, and you're moving them yourself (no airport handling) so that oughta work. First I thought you were just gonna put them in the stand with that strap, that would be very risky, but with added padding it should work. Make sure you fasten the stands to the inside wall though so they don't fall over.

Yes, we will rent a moving truck. They will be fixed so that they can't move around. A loaded rockstand is actually pretty heavy and difficult to knock over.

• Members

Do you reckon...

Rockstand-Gitarrenstaender-fuer-5-Gitarr

+

m18001259-expanderseil_spanngurt_kl.jpg

would work? Any other ideas?

How about wrapping each guitar in a blanket or perhaps bubble wrap at the body first? It seems like those bodies are going to be clanking together otherwise.

PS Looks like you already thought of that. If it were me, I'd then use duct tape to keep them all together on the stand.

• Members
Yes, we will rent a moving truck. They will be fixed so that they can't move around. A loaded rockstand is actually pretty heavy and difficult to knock over.

I'd pack them at the very back of the load. If you have to slam on the breaks, you don't want heavy {censored} sliding foward into them.

With all due respect to the other guy: Lose respect for folks because they lie, steal, cheat, bully, etc. and not because of thier circumstance. :)

• Members

I'd pack them at the very back of the load. If you have to slam on the breaks, you don't want heavy {censored} sliding foward into them.

With all due respect to the other guy: Lose respect for folks because they lie, steal, cheat, bully, etc. and not because of thier circumstance.
:)

That makes sense, thanks :thu:

• Members
gig bigs aren't in the budget since I have plenty of other stuff to buy for the house.

Guess I'll just give it a go and see what happens
:idk:

I can understand the need to be frugal - especially in these times, but you've got a huge investment to protect. If the number 50 you threw out is correct, then @ $100 per guitar that's five grand. I'll bet the average value is a lot more than $100. So to protect $15 - 20 - 25 thousand dollars +, I'd try hard to scrape up the bucks to do it right...

It doesn't take much damage spread over that many guitars to add up to a lot of money. A couple of broken tuners - a cracked headstock - a smashed in control knob and pot - it could add up fast.

All it takes is one idiot that cuts you off causing you to swerve hard - the load in the truck shifts - and it's off to the luthier with a blank check to get everything put right.

Good luck with your move.:thu:

Archived