Beach Boys rehearsals in 1967. Absolutely awesome. Get them while they're still up!

deafinoneear

• Members

Wow! ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou!

I'm right there with you on Mike Love. A friend of me read an article on rock stars' real names and found out Paul Revere's real name is Paul Dick. He said, "Well, now we know why he changed his name."

I said, "Yeah...otherwise everybody would assume he was related to Mike Love."

• Members

This inspired me to listen to the Beach Boys all night last night, which I really dont need that much inspiration as I already adore them. I think they might be the most amazing band of any sort of "rock" category that has ever come out of the U.S. Maybe one of the alltime greatest in the world.

EVER.

Timeless amazing, staggering talent, and awesome, fun songs, masterpieces of American pop culture. This stuff will still sound great 1000 years from now.

• Members

Turns out, there is some really cool a'cappella stuff all over you tube.

Some interesting ones....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhJ1UKeJxNc&feature=related

[YOUTUBE]qhJ1UKeJxNc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qR7ed75kKTc&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]:lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwAVgEsAjG4&feature=related

[YOUTUBE]lwAVgEsAjG4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Funny thing about all of these, not only does the Beach Boys stuff sound the best, it is the only stuff I found so far that actually sounds "Right" and whole and complete a'cappella. Not saying it doesnt sound even better with the music, but it can absolutely stand on its own even without the music. Still sounds awesome and complete. None of these others even come close.

• Members

This inspired me to listen to the Beach Boys all night last night, which I really dont need that much inspiration as I already adore them. I think they might be the most amazing band of any sort of "rock" category that has ever come out of the U.S. Maybe one of the alltime greatest in the world.

EVER.

Timeless amazing, staggering talent, and awesome, fun songs, masterpieces of American pop culture. This stuff will still sound great 1000 years from now.

Damn straight.

Timeless is the word. I put in a Best of collection in my car about six months ago and my kids still ask for it every single time we go anywhere. They simply can't get enough of it. When I ask them why, they say, "we just like the way they all sing together and what they're singing about."

Nuff said.

• Members

Damn straight.

Timeless is the word. I put in a Best of collection in my car about six months ago and my kids still ask for it every single time we go anywhere. They simply can't get enough of it. When I ask them why, they say, "we just like the way they all sing together and what they're singing about."

Nuff said.

Yep, just perfect.

One thing I really love about their oldest stuff, is you can hear their childish innocence in the lyrics, and you can actually hear it in their voices. Makes you realize how much society has changed over the decades since then and now.

Archived