My gift to you: The Greatest Pick Ever!

scolfax

• Members

It's hard for me to believe anything can top a Jazz III pick for me. The Jazz III has helped me improve my picking accuracy.

Actually a Jazz II beats it, same accuracy advantage but just a bit rounder and a bit thinner, which also makes it good for rhythm and strumming in addition to lead work. If you like the III try the II for a bit more versatility.

• Members

Actually a Jazz II beats it, same accuracy advantage but just a bit rounder and a bit thinner, which also makes it good for rhythm and strumming in addition to lead work. If you like the III try the II for a bit more versatility.

I mainly play rhythm and I've always done it with thick picks...makes for a great sound. I prefer picks to be pointy, but after enough playing, my Jazz III become round.

For a time, I played with a quarter, but they aren't pointy enough for my liking. Still, if I'm ever without a pick, a quarter will do in a pinch. Otherwise, I just use my fingers and finger nails.

• Members

Will give them a try. I went through this quest for the perfect pick some time back. Star picks of different sizes, gator picks, Jazz III red and black, snarling dogs, big stubby, etc. etc. Now I just kind of grab whatever I have and go for it. Problem is I still just can't quite get the perfect pick. Thanks.

Archived