Anyone know anything about Vintage City Guitars?

Billyzoom

• Members

I placed an ad on Craig's to sell a bass. I got a responce from Vintage City Guitar's in Michigan. I'm in Mass. I checked out their site and think they MAY be legit. But I'm not really sure.

Anyone deal with these people before? Could this be another scam or are they for real?

Thanks.

• Members

It is most likely another scam. A few other people on the forum, including me, have received the same email.

In the one that I received, it never once mentioned the guitar for sale, only the "item".

Even if it is legite, as a reseller, they would probably offer you .25 on the $1 towards the value of your equipment.

Good Luck

• Members

This might sound strange, but you could call Elderly and ask.

Well I know Elderly quite well. I bought a Tele Deluxe and some pickups from them years ago. They are in Michigan. Actually... that's not a bad idea. I think the email I got was a scam but just in case, I'll see what Elderly has to say.

Thanks.

• Members

I am selling a guitar on Craigslist and I got one too!

Exact quote:

Hello,

I am the owner of Vintage City Guitars in Lansing Michigan, and we are very interested in buying your guitar. We can send you a check or paypal right away. If you are interested please CLICK HERE and fill in the form.

Thank you,

Steven Jay

Owner

Vintage City Guitars

Could be legit, but I am not that interested in shipping...

Looking at their website, seems like they are just putting out a bunch of feelers based on keywords... somehow I don't think they are that interested in my 2001 MIM Stratocasted judging by their inventory.

• Members

I got this in my inbox today too:

I am the owner of Vintage City Guitars in Lansing Michigan, and we are very interested in buying your guitar. We can send you a check or paypal right away. If you are interested please CLICK HERE and fill in the form.

Thank you,

Steven Jay

Owner

Vintage City Guitars

What struck me as this being odd is that I'm selling an amp.

• Members

Here's the BBB profile:

http://www.bbb.org/western-michigan/business-reviews/musical-instruments-dealers/vintage-city-guitars-in-lansing-mi-38123084

May be legit, but I'm not sending them any guitars. I spoke to a woman who I assume was Maggie on the phone, and told them I'd need a paypal transaction. She agreed, but they aren't willing to do so now. Scam, scam, scam.

• Members

Vintage City Guitars is a business with 30 years of experience in dealing with used and vintage guitars. We have bought and sold hundreds of guitars. We are an A Rated Better Business Bureau member.

Vintage City Guitars's Cash for Guitars program was recently developed to increase our inventory of used and vintage guitars. We guarantee your 100% satisfaction with all transactions. We make the process as easy and risk-free as possible for you. You will never be charged fees for sending in your guitar for inspection. Your guitar will always be carefully handled by our experienced guitar technicians.

If you have any questions, we are always happy to assist. Call us at (517) 323-9848.

• Members

I responded by filling out their online form, and a few days later, got a letter saying that I need to ship them my guitar so they can give me a true valuation. I'm not sending my guitar to them just so they can evaluate it and THEN pay me, not through the mail like that. They may be legit, but it's too risky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I post things on Craigslist and received and email and did what the last poster did, give info and waited for the money (I knew it wouldn't come but just wanted to see what kind of scam it was). I got a UPS call tag, no different than a Nigerian scammer would do but without glossy paper.

So I posted my next posts with a "NO VINTAGE CITY GUITAR" in caps at the beginning of the CL post, along with "NO PRINCE OF NIGERIA" and do you know the difference between Vintage City Guitar and a Nigerian scammer? I received no emails from Nigeria or elsewhere, but I did, on every one of the four posts get more {censored} from Vintage City Guitars. They have no respect for anyone, they don't come out a tell you they really don't send money and make the legal requirement to say it in a way that doesn't make it an actual statement of fact and so it goes with all the {censored} in America, sub-prime loans and companies taking advantage of people.

They may not steal your guitar but damn if I's send them anything but my ire and disrespect. They make me sick. Don't do a nose hair of business with them just because they have to lie to get your attention.

• Members

Remember, it's Rabbi Bubba, and not just Bubba. And why won't you people leave me alone? My verbiage is true, my verbosity is finely honed and I have more to say than most people. Don't mess with me. I do music journalism, I compose, I perform, I am a novelist. Don't mess with me as I asked you always to do. What we accept as an American business has changed in the years to include Internet "storefronts" from guys that scam guitars in any way they can. You guys have no stock! Hey people, look at their meager inventory and that'll tell you something! I have bought things from Internet stores but not ones as shady as you Vintage City. Don't mess with people you don't know or understand.

And a Rabbi is a learned man, fool. Bubba is to make down-home. I mean it. I gots to be down-home for idiots. If I told you what magazines I've written for you'd crawl into a hole. The more you mess with me the more you'll get bad press, not that you really have any good press but there it is. Revenge is sweet and you people don't act like a business; you act like a bunch of drugged up rockers since you have no respect for people's wishes. I said, "NO VINTAGE CITY GUITARS" clearly in my ad, I said it respectfully and you refused to NOT bother me. You make me as sick as any scammer. DON'T MESS WITH ME! Leave me alone and I'll still go Online and trash VINTAGE CITY GUITARS but I will say that you did respect me and finally left me alone. I see Craigslisters and others on blogs all over the Internet bothered by you guys. You had better look for a new job! Uneducated bass player needed to scam guitarists out of their guitars. That's the job listing you answered.

• Members

And Craigslist says (if you choose, and I do) "it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests." Can't you read or are you guys just totally disrespectful? Make fun of Rabbi Bubba's verbiage and you can't read and your little boy is shooting a bird. How special! Talk to you boss about this. I think you are actually breaking the LAW! Yes, that's it. Unlawful harassment. I am not litigious (that means prone to sue), but damn if you guys don't reek of disrespect and shady business.

• Members

And if you were smart, and I don't think you are, you wouldn't mess with anyone by slighting them. Rabbi Bubba knows this, but doesn't have a guitar scamming business therefore nothing to lose. You have your job to lose.

Sounds like Rabbi Bubba has been hittin the Mogen David.:lol:

L'chaim, Rabbi.:thu:

You drunk assed sun of a bitch.:lol:

Archived