Tell me about Warmoth products

Telecruiser

• Members

I have one partsocaster strat, Warmoth body and neck. Great quality and service. A bit pricey but well worth it. How good the guitar ends up depends on how good you are at final assembly and setup though. A good guitar tech is recommended if that's not your thing.

• Members

I think Warmoth and USACG are about the best you can do for unfinished guitar bodies and necks.

Max

+1

I have a "kit strat" with a 12-year old-Warmoth neck and the neck is outstanding.

I recently purchased a professionally assembled and "relic'd" thinline tele with USACG neck and body and it is absolutely wonderful - nicest neck I've come across (the professional treatment it received made a huge difference).

The last time I dealt with Warmoth, they weren't offering nuts with their necks. I thought this was crazy, but I had one done by the same tech that built my tele and of course it was perfect.

Factoid: USACG was started by ex-Warmoth employees.

• Members

Expensive

But worth it. The Warmoth neck (SRV carve: flame maple with pau ferro board) on my Strat turned it from a decent guitar to a tone machine, and my #1 guitar.

I bought 2 more necks: one for a baritone build, and another for a Tele a friend is building for me. They both look and feel great. I'm a fan.

:thu:

• Members

I haven't heard a single bad thing about warmoth. Though, warmoth stuff could not fit other bodies apparently. The tech that set mine up put a warmoth neck on a mexican body once and had to rout the body and drill new holes. I'm going to be a repeat customer for sure... once I'm not broke again.

This looks like it has a huge nut.

JazzMaster.jpg

• Members

I haven't heard a single bad thing about warmoth. Though, warmoth stuff could not fit other bodies apparently. The tech that set mine up put a warmoth neck on a mexican body once and had to rout the body and drill new holes. I'm going to be a repeat customer for sure... once I'm not broke again.

I know that the Warmoth Fender style necks fit a US strat body and anything else that uses the same spec. I replaced a neck on an old US fender strat and it just bolted right up with no modification at all.

Max

• Members

I think we are seeing a shadow. It makes it look like a wide neck at first glance but its probably a standard 1 11/16. However, Warmoth does make super wide 1 7/8 nut width necks:eek: as well as 1 3/4.

Yes, it is just a shadow. It's the standard 1 11/16"

• Members

Hey!

Guess what? They don't make a dupe of the EJ Strat neck! I'm suprised because I would think that that'd be a pretty popular conversion.

Oh well.... Theres one on Ebay...

Whats special about it?

Asymmetrical?

Scale?

Nut width/Heel?

Radius?

I'm sure you could ask the guys at warmoth and they would be happy to help you if they could. I called today and it rang once and the guy picked up and answered my questions. Never hurts to get info from the horse.

• Members

This is wrong as far as my experience is concerned. I've built strats using MIJ and MIM bodies and never had any issues fitting any necks.

All Warmoth Strat

final001qv4.jpg

From left to right

USACG Strat

60's Classic MIM Strat

MIJ ESP Strat with Warmoth neck. Neck fit the pocket like a glove.

MIM Standard Strat. This one now sports a Warmoth flame maple neck. Again no issues.

strat071706aj2.jpg

All Warmoth Strat

koastratf9op.jpg

Fender MIJ body Warmoth neck. check out that figure. Again no issues.

zz083.jpg

zz086.jpg

All Warmoth Tele

zznew187.jpg

I have more but can't find the pics.

I am a Warmoth and USACG fanboy. If you have some basic skills you can put together an awesome guitar. I belive in the power of the Parts-o-caster.

Archived