Hey L.A. area peeps!

• Members

Hi all,

If you live in the L.A. area, just wanted to let you know my band has a gig out there a week from Sunday, August 2nd. It's part of the International Pop Overthrow Festival, a bunch of which we have played before in various cities.

We play at 3 PM SHARP (these things do run on time and sets are short, so get there early or you'll miss it!) and we'd love to see some of the SSS crowd! Maybe even meet a few of you that we haven't before. So stop on by if you can!

Here's the location:

Fais Do Do

5257 West Adams Blvd.

Los Angeles CA 90016

323-931-4636

http://www.faisdodo.com

Hope to see lots of you there and we promise to rock your face off!

• Members

It's OK, we've been to England twice and been tested on lots of delicate English faces. They all seem to have pulled through just fine, after a bit of additional reconstructive rocking.

This rock 'n' roll has got to stop

Junior's head is hard as rock

Hey junior, behaaaaaaaaaayve yourself!

• Members

I just saw it's a half hour set. Man, I hate half hour sets. I'm just getting to a point of being mostly warmed up after 30 minutes, and then I thank people and GTFO the stage.

Even the typical 45-minute opening slot seems like too short a time to get off on a gig. In any case, we're going to try and be there. w00t. :)

• Members

I just saw it's a half hour set. Man, I hate half hour sets. I'm just getting to a point of being mostly warmed up after 30 minutes, and then I thank people and GTFO the stage.

Yeah, I know what you mean. We've done a lot of gigs where we do 3-4 sets, and the first one is more like getting warmed up. But we've gotten good at the short set, having played a lot of IPOs. We just slam from one song into the next and don't let up, and it's actually really fun and VERY high energy, given that we don't have to "pace ourselves" at all. It's like running a 100 meter sprint as opposed to a marathon. They both have their merits!

So yeah, do come check it out and we'll all go grab some food afterward, and stuff!

• Members

And now, just in case you can't make it on Sunday (or even if you can, and you just can't get enough What The...?), we have a second L.A. show at Molly Malone's on Monday night, August 3rd!

We play at 9:30 PM, and it's also a half hour set, so we'll get a full length set in - it'll just take 2 days. ;) Hope you can catch the full set!

Here's Monday night's location:

Molly Malone's

575 S. Fairfax Ave.

Los Angeles, CA 90036

(323) 935-1577

http://www.mollymalonesla.com

See you there!

• Members

And now, just in case you can't make it on Sunday (or even if you can, and you just can't get enough What The...?), we have a second L.A. show at Molly Malone's on Monday night, August 3rd!

Don't know if I can make the Sunday show, but I should be able to make this one! :thu:

dB

• Members

Don't know if I can make the Sunday show, but I should be able to make this one!
:thu:

Awesome! :thu:

We're really gonna try and get to your gig too!

And Geoff, I hope you can make it too, but if not, let us know so we can still get together at some point, OK?

• Members

Gigs with dB and Lee (two of my favorite people ever
:love:
) in one weekend - how cool is that?

No promises, but I'm going to try to clear the decks and get out there and see you guys. :phil:

Cool - if you can make it to Paladino's on Friday night (we'll probably start playing between 10:30 and 11), lemme know and I'll try to get you on the list. :cool:

dB

• Members

The Beatles would go out for 20-30 minutes (at the very outside) and slay thousands of people.

You gotta bring your A game for those short sets...leave em begging for more! :thu:

• Members

http://www.elevenshadows.com/sss/leeflier2009/

Photos of Lee and What The...? playing at the International Pop Overthrow Festival at Fais Do Do.

553lee2.jpg

I took these with my little Leica compact that I just purchased for the Brazil trip...it's really not bad for a little camera.

They are playing at Molly Malone's at 9pm Monday August 3rd.

• Members

Photos of Lee and What The...? playing at the International Pop Overthrow Festival at Fais Do Do.

I took these with my little Leica compact that I just purchased for the Brazil trip...it's really not bad for a little camera.

Hope to see Lee & Co. play one of these days too.

But damnit, Ken, stop it already! Stop it with these increasingly breathtaking photos that only make me feel worse about how crappy my own photos turn out. Your photos get better and better while mine seem to get worse and worse. :mad:

Seriously - great photo! Grrrr....

Archived