The Truth About Amsterdam

boosh

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

but it didn't get noticed because he was on Fox, and...well...no one takes Fox seriously.

I beg to differ on this one........

"July Ratings: Fox News Beats MSNBC & CNN Combined in Total Day and Prime

Fox News Channel continued its cable news dominance in July not only beating CNN and MSNBC combined, but showing the most growth in the younger demo. In A25-54 viewers, FNC is up 48% in total day, and up 70% in primetime, compared to July '08.

FNC had 9 of the top 10 shows in cable news in Total Viewers and ranks as the third most-watched basic cable channel behind USA and TNT.

Cable news' #1 show for 104 consecutive months, "The O'Reilly Factor", is up 37% over July '08. "Glenn Beck Program" is up the most, up 120% over last year's 5pmET show. "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren" is up 60% and "Hannity" is up 41%."

• Members

I beg to differ on this one........

I watch Fox, so I've helped with those ratings. But there's a difference between getting ratings and being taken seriously. I certainly don't take MSNBC or CNN (which I also watch) seriously either. Besides, talk radio - even some of the people on Air America, or Alex Jones - beat almost all of the cable stations for listeners. And I suspect all the cable stations combined don't beat Rush Limbaugh, although certainly, he's not to be taken seriously either.

Ever since news became entertainment/profit center, credibility has suffered on all fronts. The fact that more people are watching simply means they prefer entertainment over actual news.

• Members

booshy wooshy

i was surprised that a young bloke like you recognized James

you probably know every famous musician who is older then 70

The guy only sold a gazillion records here,... I hate the albums on which he wears wooden shoes,....

• Members

Hmm... the heroin you guys got, booshy...

Is it that ashy brown stuff or the really good China White?

Most people who die of heroin overdose here are (drugs)tourists who ain't used to the pure stuff,...

We have every drug in every quality,...

Only the natives know where to get the best for the cheapest prices,...

That's why we avoid the coffeeshops,...those are for tourists,.. Except a few really good ones offcourse.

Edit : We Dutch pay a different price for everything,....they have unofficial menus that aren't printed and only told to you when you're a native citizen ;-)

• Members

Boosh,

In the course of my day, I`m not really concerned with what people think about Amsterdam or any other city to be honest. I live in NYC and everything you hear is true! Who cares? We`re rude and obnoxious.

But you make good egg cream and music...other then that your a pack of Cab stealers;)

• Members

I spent a total of a year and a half in Amsterdam in three visits...the first visit I was supposed to stay 2 weeks which stretched into 5 months.
It's beautiful city, the Dutch are gracious lovely people (except Boosh) tee-hee.
Fark those assholes on Fox...remember the Song 'Dirty Laundry' by Don Henley?...'the bubble headed bleach blonde come on at five...that's the big titted ho' bag in the video he was singing about.

• Members

Fark those assholes on Fox...

And the left does not spew crappola out on their programs? All those Left leaning liberal media outlets puking out their version of the events of the world and trying to support the current administration? This compared to Fox News and Rush...a couple others maybe but Fox really being the main one.

Both sides being equally entitled to speak their own opinions of course. One of the great freedom's of this country.

Also, both "sides" have attractive women on TV and well groomed men too. You gotta look good on that tube.

Yes Craig, absolutely. I do not take much of anything seriously that I read in the newspaper, see on TV or on the internet. It is as you say, mostly entertainment.

It just seems more people are being "entertained" by the conservative right leaning Fox News Channel, than any other cable news network.

For whatever that is worth.

• Members

Getting that way myself.....:lol:......although I am trying to turn back the hands of time.

My guitar playing is better........ not so sure about rebound time off an accident......like bumping an elbow....:facepalm:

• Members

BTW I just heard on Fox that Amsterdam is where a bunch of evil teenagers created Swine Flu, then spread it by inserting traces of it in the heroin given away free at supermarkets (sorry, I confess to making an error when I said it was
sold
at supermarkets).

Maybe Fox really is trying to be a cross between a serious news channel and Comedy Central.

• Members

It just seems more people are being "entertained" by the conservative right leaning Fox News Channel, than any other cable news network.

But the difference between Faux and everybody else is that Fox just flat out lies. Just like this story shows. They don't even care if it is a flat out lie. If it helps their agenda they will create a story and just lie to the public.

That is a pretty big difference in my opinion.

• Members

I think the problem is few of these "journalists" (right or left) do any actual research. For example Rush Limbaugh, in trying to prove his point that "America has the best health care system in the world," said flat out as a fact that "Nobody here goes to other countries for treatment." This after all the hoopla in the news about Farrah Fawcett going to Germany for cancer treatment. There are MANY Americans who go to Thailand, Mexico, and India for everything ranging from cancer therapies to dental reconstruction. The usual reason for going abroad is lower costs coupled with equally competent, if not more so, treatment. To say this phenomenon doesn't exist is a display of ignorance, willful or otherwise, and further undermines his lack of credibility.

There was one time Limbaugh was talking about a situation in Northern California involving the lumber industry where he got his facts wrong - not opinions, demonstrable facts on the public record and which were not in any dispute. I faxed him stories from the local papers (I lived there at the time) so he could correct himself over the air. He never did, which pretty much tells you all you need to know about whether he's more concerned with accuracy or ratings. And sadly, he's not an isolated case.

• Members

Well, CA, "There you go again!"...;)

I'm afraid yer getting yer comedians mixed up. Rush Limberger is smarter than he let's on & knows that much of what he says is jive let loose to deliberately incite controversy & continued high ratings.

Recent (& maybe not so recent) comments by G Beck that I've heard repeated (never watch that Fox News, myeself) seem to have the stench of zealousness about them.

Anyway, I just realized that despite the jokes about Amsterdam being full of devil-worshippers, etc., that it's the place that our own Pilgrim (accent on the grim) fore-fatheads left b/c the people in nearby homes were making Devil's-food cake, using some of that great Dutch-process cocoa !

• Members

those two blonde trollops in the video running their protestant dripping mouth

are exactly of those kind I like to whipe out every now and them

oh Rudolf !

how sinister the words

before an action there they finde' em

our toys express the wanton views

our fears compress and bind them

our sun then cooks the soiled mein

an abandoned child cries

the gulls and crows feast noisily

therein all futures lie.