Road whores (Roadstar love inside)

jjpistols

• Members

Originally posted by Radiohead, lol

Thanks!

I love how these old Ibanezs play, the necks are real nice.

The two I have now sound pretty good, but I hear that the V2 pickup is supposed to be amazing.

What impressed me the most was the single coil in my RS335. The best acoustic voicing of any electric PU I've ever heard. Incredibly clean.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by hardtdc

What impressed me the most was the single coil in my RS335. The best acoustic voicing of any electric PU I've ever heard. Incredibly clean.

Mine had the original pickup replaced w/ a Tone Zone. I'd like to find an original to put back in it someday.

• Members

the 335 is a great instrument.. i'm so glad i ended up with the SH config and not SSH as planned (SSH = Super5 single coils).

the Super6 single is so nice, very rich, very full. the V2 is great too. hotter than a PAF, but not overwhelming. throw the selector switch in the middle position and you get a cool tone. It's a really fun guitar to mess around with.

Nice gear Radiohead

• Members

hah no man.. well, i guess you'd have to tell us :)

the difference between the Super5 and Super6 is the pole size. That's all. The former being a more traditional single coil pickup and the latter producing a 'fatter' tone due to the larger pole pieces. I'm sure the Super5 sounds pretty sweet.

what a beautiful family photograph you have as your avatar!

• Members

Just got a 315 for christmas to add to the collection. I had been looking for a maple fretboard roadstar for a while. The pickup isn't stock and it has an added coil tap. I have not taken it apart yet, not sure what the pickup is but it sounds good. Nice playing guitar, I am very happy with it.
216866309.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by xtchc1978

Just got a 315 for christmas to add to the collection. I had been looking for a maple fretboard roadstar for a while. The pickup isn't stock and it has an added coil tap. I have not taken it apart yet, not sure what the pickup is but it sounds good. Nice playing guitar, I am very happy with it.

216866309.jpg

:thu::cool::wave:

• Members

Back in the club!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just bought an RG-440 off ebay.....it was exactly what I was looking for. H-S-S(w/ black covers), edge trem, and that beautiful metallic purple/burgundy around the contours that fades into black. It comes with the original case, shipped for $350. You may think I overpaid, but I had one just like it about 18 years ago and regretfully traded it in on a Satch model. The only thing I'm gonna do to it is get it refretted w/jumbos and get the neck tung-oiled. I'm psyched.....it should be here on Wednesday......

• Members
Originally posted by Larry the Dog

Back in the club!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just bought an RG-440 off ebay.....it was exactly what I was looking for. H-S-S(w/ black covers), edge trem, and that beautiful metallic purple/burgundy around the contours that fades into black. It comes with the original case, shipped for $350. You may think I overpaid, but I had one just like it about 18 years ago and regretfully traded it in on a Satch model. The only thing I'm gonna do to it is get it refretted w/jumbos and get the neck tung-oiled. I'm psyched.....it should be here on Wednesday......

:thu: :thu: :thu: great guitar

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Here is mine! 1985 RS140.

roadstar1.jpg

roadstar2.jpg

I originally had one that was black with a white pick guard but the original owner was begging for it back and traded me a Fender Princeton Chorus is perfect condition and could not turn him down. The next day I found this one on eBay with the exact same features except black on black.

I absolutely love the sound of it.

I may be getting a Blazer in a day or so. I am a sucker for Ibanez guitars.

• Members

The 440 is one bad ass guitar:thu:

• Members

I originally had one that was black with a white pick guard but the original owner was begging for it back and traded me a Fender Princeton Chorus is perfect condition and could not turn him down. The next day I found this one on eBay with the exact same features except black on black.

I absolutely love the sound of it.

I may be getting a Blazer in a day or so. I am a sucker for Ibanez guitars.

:thu: :thu:

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Hi- I just picked up an Ibanez RG-440 off of CraigsList for $50!! It's black that fades into purple, Licensed Floyd Rose bridge, Humbucker and two single coils, all original with original case. Very nice shape overall, been played but the guy was just a home player.

I was wondering two thing: What years were this model made, and is there a way to date this guitar?

And as I have a guitar show coming up next week, I might bring it to the show, since I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. What would be a good asking price to a dealer, since he has to resell it I know I won't get full value. Thanks.

• Members

Hi- I just picked up an Ibanez RG-440 off of CraigsList for $50!! It's black that fades into purple, Licensed Floyd Rose bridge, Humbucker and two single coils, all original with original case. Very nice shape overall, been played but the guy was just a home player.

I was wondering two thing: What years were this model made, and is there a way to date this guitar?

And as I have a guitar show coming up next week, I might bring it to the show, since I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. What would be a good asking price to a dealer, since he has to resell it I know I won't get full value. Thanks.

if it an RG my guess is thats its at least an 87. the 2nd number of the serial number will tell the year.

Archived