Fender's Blizzard Pearl vs Warmoth's Seafoam Green

Doctor Morbius

• Members

I'm wanting to put my newly acquired Custom Shop '50s (non-over the counter) pickups into a Strat once I'm finished with the wiring harness.

The only "keeper" Strat I have that's still stock is an '08 in Blizzard Pearl with a maple neck. The Shell Pink one already has Fralin Vintage Hots (smokin' pups by the way) and my Oly White has Custom Shop Fat '50s.

So put them in the Blizzard Pearl Strat or get a Warmoth body in Seafoam Green, sell the BP body and put the CS '50s in that?

Any other suggestions? Write 'em down and drop them in the box please.

• Members

I voted for Seafoam Green. I never warmed up to the Blizzard Pearl...

As an alternative scheme, why not keep the BP Strat as-is, and build a SG partscaster? When the partscaster is done, you can compare them, and if you must, sell the one that doesn't measure up.

If you're married, this scheme might be a bit dangerous (speaking from a married point of view), but if you're single, go for it!!! ;)

• Members

keep the neck and the pickups...

You know, when I plug in an American Standard into an amp at Guitar Center, it always sounds pretty decent. But if you own a guitar with CS69s, another with CS54s, another with Fat 50s, one with Duncan Antiquities and one with Fralins, it's amazing how good those American Standard pickups DON'T sound.

:thu:

of course, you get used to it after 5 or 10 minutes, but back to back, it's a pretty big difference.

• Members
You know, when I plug in an American Standard into an amp at Guitar Center, it always sounds pretty decent. But if you own a guitar with CS69s, another with CS54s, another with Fat 50s, one with Duncan Antiquities and one with Fralins, it's amazing how good those American Standard pickups DON'T sound.

Truth! Something's getting upgraded around here, even if it's just pickups. :D

• Members

Was it the Fender Friday deal with the bucker in the bridge? I was soooo tempted to get that, even though I already have an SSS in that color.

That's it. It was backordered for a few weeks. Nothing wrong with a matched pair. I've been looking for a Standard HSS in Blue Agave to match my SSS.

Archived