Why do people ask the weight on a strat in the for sale ads?

campfirehero

• Members

Well I would've thought it had something to do with tonal aspects with lighter or denser wood, not comfort. Boy was I way off. I didn't realize some people would consider guitars too heavy to play comfortably. I have picked up a couple squier classic vibe strats that seemed lighter than average compared to other variations...

• Members

Personally, I couldn't give a {censored} how much a guitar ways. My Douglas is very light for an all mahogany guitar (about 6-7lbs). My Les Paul is fair bit heavier (mahogany neck, basswood body) at about 9lbs. I kinda like a heavier guitar, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker if it was light.

• Members

i have a old les paul copy made of plywood with three humbuckers in it, that thing weighs a ton,,,play it for two hours and your shoulder actually starts to get sore....

Usually denser wood conducts sound better, but denser wood is also usually heavier too...just sayin thats all , something to think about :idk:

• Members

Well I would've thought it had something to do with tonal aspects with lighter or denser wood, not comfort. Boy was I way off. I didn't realize some people would consider guitars too heavy to play comfortably. I have picked up a couple squier classic vibe strats that seemed lighter than average compared to other variations...

My Classic Vibe Strats are awesomely light, and I love them. My ash Strat is crazy heavy for a Strat (haven't weighed it), and I love it. After a few hours the ash Strat gets very heavy.

Archived