New used Yamaha day...semi-hollow inside..

R. Chapman

• Members

Really excited about this one.... big thanks goes out to the greatest wife in the history of Wives...

1034Yamaha-SA-2000-052-three-piece.jpgImage Hosting

2291Yamaha-SA-2000-060-body.jpgImage Hosting

Yamaha SA 2000..players shape..but fantastic player...At least one gibson pickup (neck postion)..not sure what's in the bridge...whatever it is it rocks. Also came with the OHSC..which is cool.

also pictured is my Boobtone 1x12...paired with the guitar it's like heading back in time to the days of Cream/Bluesbreakers.

Randy

• Members

Hey guys...

thanks for the compliments on the guitar. I've had my eye on it for quite some time. It's been in a buddy of mine's shop for awhile. Guitars of the Stars/Boobtone amplification is located in Collinsville, Illinois. Steve is a great guy to deal with...www.boobtone.com

Anyway, he deals in vintage/used guitars and boobtone amps. The Yamaha has been in his shop for some time and every time I would go in there I would always play it. There is just something about the guitar that I love. Anyway, my wife made it happen after Christmas....bought it today as a matter of fact. :)

Most of the hardware is original. According to Yamaha customer support it's from January 5th, 1980. The neck pup is a gibson, not sure of the type. We believe the bridge pup is original...not 100% sure though. It has some dings, but it's in great shape. It plays fantastic, the guy that owned it before me is a well known Jazz guy in the St. Louis area. The guitar plays like butter...

It's by far the best guitar I've owned. I've never owned a Gibson, but I've played many vintage/used Gibsons at Steve's shop and this plays better/just as well as any of those. As far as sound clips...I'll see what I can do...my son is picking up his little Flip HD camera tomorrow (hopefully). I'll see if I can throw something together. I doubt it will really capture how it sounds though. It has a violin-like quality when it's cranked through the boobtone amp (KT66 output tube).

Also, if you're looking for old/vintage Gibsons give Steve a call. He has quite a few in his shop right now. Unfortunately, his website only shows his amps...no pics of his guitars.

thanks and I'll try and get some sound for you guys...

Randy

• Members

Would love to see it but the pics link doesn't work for me.
:(
can you post it in photobuckets? that one works every time.

I'll give photobucket a shot...

Vendor Defendor... I'll shoot you a PM...give Steve a call..he opens his shop at 10:00 am CST.

Randy

• Members

I'll give photobucket a shot...

Vendor Defendor... I'll shoot you a PM...give Steve a call..he opens his shop at 10:00 am CST.

Randy

Hi randy,

It works all in a sudden. WOW, great guitar. The real deal. I think those are actually better than the SA2200. Lucky guy! :thu:

Archived