My first official NGD!!!

mutant_guitar

• Members

Here's the story, about 3ish years ago, my mom found a guitar at a garage sale for $2. It was missing the PG, electronics, jack plate, and the high E tuner and saddle. The previous owner did a horrible frankenstrat paint job on it. This past year I decided to finally do something with it. I stripped the old finish and finished it using reranch daphne blue and minwax clear nitro. I replaced the unplayable neck with a Warmoth pro construction neck. I got it before the 20% off sale, but I still got a good deal on it. It was in the screamin deals section for $145 (I'm guessing because of the knot on the headstock). I got SS6105 frets and a graphtec nut. The neck is finished with tru-oil over stewmac vintage amber. The rest of the hardware and electronics came from GFS and were bday/xmas presents. It plays and sounds great. There's about $300 worth of parts in this and maybe 2 months worth of work. It was worth every bit of effort, and I'm proud of my work. The only thing I'm not happy about is the body. It wasn't quite as standard as I had thought. The lower horn is shaped differently, the PG screws were all off, and the neck pocket was too narrow for the Warmoth neck.

clip: http://www.myspace.com/ealloftheabove

I FOUND THE ORIGINAL!!!! Before it all started:

start.jpg

Stripped:

Instruments002-1-1.jpg

Hiding in its case (rondo tweed st case)

DSCN5043.jpg

TA-DA!

DSCN5044.jpg

You can see the old neck behind the amp

DSCN5033.jpg

SHINY!

DSCN5036.jpg

Look at that sexy flame.

DSCN5027.jpg

Moar flame!

DSCN5032.jpg

• Members

thanks guys! i might be able to get some sound clips of it up, but I'm afraid I wouldn't do it justice.

The neck was easily the most expensive part. With the SS frets, nut, and shipping, it came out to about $210. I was GASing for a warmoth neck and this project was the perfect excuse to buy one. :cop:

Archived