New Tele Partscaster Build

Norcal_GIT_r

• Members

I built up a new tele yesterday. I used the neck and other parts from a Squier CV tele and a pair of new proto BG Pups pickups and a GFS Body.

I modifyed the neck by removing the gloss to the back of the neck and the fretboard. It now feels super smooth and not sticky at all.

The guitar has a new rail pickup and an A3 rock wind neck pup that I've been working on. I added the 4way switch mod.

Overall the build went quite smooth. I did have to modify the body slightly as the bridge pickup route was too tight to hold a pickup and the control route needed to be deepened to fit an Oak Grigsby 4way switch. Overall the body is crazy light weight. And very soft. The guitar as a whole probably wieghs 6lbs at the most. It's quite comfy to play and resonates very well. Overall I like the tone. It's a little brighter than the stock pine body.

Here's a few photos and a video of the guitar.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

desYGzwozRM

• Members

That body looks better... hmm...

I want to say "in person", but that's not quite right and my follow up would be "in pictures", but the website has pics, too. Damn.

That body looks good.

The body does look good. It's not as quality as getting a Warmoth but for $60.00 what can you say, it's just fine. My only complaint is they sent me the wrong color. I ordered a vintage burst and got clown burst. I didn't want to dick around returning it so I just went with it.

• Members

Thanks guys!!! I appreciate it.

Brian those covers are raw nickel. Not only do they look cool but they are very transparent tone wise.

It's the best Tele neck pickup I have ever used. It's so alive and the opposite of most Tele neck pickups. LOVE IT! You should make that one a production model if you haven't already

• Members

The body does look good. It's not as quality as getting a Warmoth but for $60.00 what can you say, it's just fine. My only complaint is they sent me the wrong color. I ordered a vintage burst and got clown burst. I didn't want to dick around returning it so I just went with it.

Hmmm, doesn't look clownbursty at all to me.:idk:

But beautiful job, Bryan, that is HOT.:thu:

• Members

I got the wrong color on a recent body order also. For the same reason, I kept it.

Good looking body though.

Archived