Steven Tyler leaves Aerosmith

bp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Exactally. They rocked their balls off back then. But how can they live with playing crap like "Rag Doll" etc......when they could be blowing out "Lord of the Thighs" or "Nobodys Fault" ???

I have heard that members of the band (Whitford) were never happy with how commercial they became.

You must be a guitarist, as a lead vocalist and bass player I think Rag Doll and others like it were among their best, that blues crap is so boring and over, Paul.

• Members

The grapevine says Tyler's fallen off the wagon pretty hard, and he just really doesn't give a {censored} about much of anything, anymore.

It's gruelling to play what your audience wants to hear all the time... over and over and over and over...

Eventually, NO amount of money or cajoling can make it palatable...

• Members
It's gruelling to play what your audience wants to hear all the time... over and over and over and over...

Eventually, NO amount of money or cajoling can make it palatable...

That's a good reason to keep writing and introducing new materials!!! Keep it fresh and current and you don't allow time in your show to HAVE to keep playing the older stuff to stretch the show out for the duration. ;)

• Members

Exactally. They rocked their balls off back then. But how can they live with playing crap like "Rag Doll" etc......when they could be blowing out "Lord of the Thighs" or "Nobodys Fault" ???

I have heard that members of the band (Whitford) were never happy with how commercial they became.

You must be a guitarist, as a lead vocalist and bass player I think Rag Doll and others like it were among their best, that blues crap is so boring and over, Paul.

Yes I am a guitarist. The attitude and volume alone make it better.

• Members

"Aerosupply" might actually hang it up. This is the best news I've had all day.

Their 70s catalog is great. They should have left well enough alone instead of coming back as a hair band in the 80s and deliverers of by-the-numbers MTV power balads (and Dodge commercials) in the 90s and 00s.

At least they brought us Alecia Silverstone. . . :rolleyes:

• Members

You know who is the unsung hero of Aerosmith?

Brad Whitford! When I was a kid, I thought all of those great solos were done by Joe Perry, since he looked so rock-and-roll. But as time went by, I found out that most of my favorite guitar work by that band was done by the mild-looking guy on the other side of the stage.

• Members
Except on the first record. Neither of them are doing the solo's on that one.

Okay Jotown. :D

Here are the credits for that album. Let me know how they're wrong...

Adrian Barber: Producer, Engineer
Tom Hamilton: Bass
Joey Kramer: Drums
Joe Perry: Bass, Guitar, Percussion, Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)
Steven Tyler: Bass, Harmonica, Percussion, Keyboards, Vocals, Flute (Wood)
Caryl Weinstock: Engineer
Stu Werbin: Liner Notes
Brad Whitford: Guitar, Guitar (Rhythm)
David Woodford: Saxophone

• Moderators
You know who is the unsung hero of Aerosmith?

Brad Whitford! When I was a kid, I thought all of those great solos were done by Joe Perry, since he looked so rock-and-roll. But as time went by, I found out that most of my favorite guitar work by that band was done by the mild-looking guy on the other side of the stage.

:thu:

• Members

Although I did like the Rock in a Hard Place album, nothing can touch 1970's Aerosmith.

Rock In A Hard Place is a killer album and totally under the radar forever. Maybe not a "true" Aerosmith album but great nonetheless.

Archived