Vintage 70's Lyle Lawsuit Gibson 335 Copy

thestratomaster

• Members

I'm not sure why you feel the need to malign people on here but chill out buddy. Do you want me to remove Lawsuit from the title? Is that grinding your gears? It's just a word. LAWSUIT!

Thanks for your input
:rolleyes:

Welcome to Harmony Central. We have the same slogan as Wally's World of Cocks and Cock Accessories.

"We have more dicks than you can possibly handle."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure why you feel the need to malign people on here but chill out buddy. Do you want me to remove Lawsuit from the title? Is that grinding your gears? It's just a word. LAWSUIT!

Thanks for your input
:rolleyes:

I think both of you think I'm way more worked up about this thing than I really am. Just pointing out that the word Lawsuit is more often than not over used and the people using it have no idea why they are using it in the first place. It's not "maligning"...it's simply setting the record straight...add to that my original post was a response to kwoods as he was questioning the origins of the lawsuit in the first place. Sounds more to me that you and that other guy are the ones over reacting to my response....which happens to be nothing more than the truth.

• Members

I could be wrong but you essentially called me stupid in your first post. You already proved your point yet you continue to be argumentative about it.

No, I didn't. My words were "miss informed". And I meant that in the truest sense of those words. If they came across too strongly then I apologize. I know there are many people who don't know the history and use the word because it's been thrown around by so many others. As I mentioned after that, usually by ebay sellers trying to hype up their guitars.

• Members

No, I didn't. My words were "miss informed". And I meant that in the truest sense of those words. If they came across too strongly then I apologize. I know there are many people who don't know the history and use the word because it's been thrown around by so many others. As I mentioned after that, usually by ebay sellers trying to hype up their guitars.

I was misinformed and misunderstood as well :facepalm:

• Members

Ok, it is vintage because it's more than 30 years old. Fender guitars in this era aren't very sought after, Gibsons weren't overall that bad. This is collectible to somepeople and it's really not that bad, so You kinda struck out with your point. And I guess its a good thing its not MIA then isn't it?:poke:

• Members

You ask about info and what it is worth. Japan is in Asia and if it dosn't stay in tune or sound that good it's JUNK. Sorry you bought it but don't try to scam someone into thinking it's great just because your trying to sell it.

• Members

You ask about info and what it is worth. Japan is in Asia and if it dosn't stay in tune or sound that good it's JUNK. Sorry you bought it but don't try to scam someone into thinking it's great just because your trying to sell it.

What does Japan or Asia have to do with this??

Think about your reply before I get your ass BANNED:thu::lol:

• Members

Like I said earlier, many will hate on the guitar. Better yet, many who will hate on them will do so without ever having played one, and even the ones who have played one, most likely havent played one thats been set up or moded proper. That just means the guitars are still affordable for the non band wagon name brand crowd.

• Members

Like I said earlier, many will hate on the guitar. Better yet, many who will hate on them will do so without ever having played one, and even the ones who have played one, most likely havent played one thats been set up or moded proper. That just means the guitars are still affordable for the non band wagon name brand crowd.

You have a very good point

• Members

So your saying MIA as in asia? Typically with guitars Japan is disassociated from asia because chinese guitars suck and japanese ones are pretty good.

Not back then.

Be honest. This thing is not that great. They feel pretty cheap and don't sound very good. I think a $199 epi dot is way better. there's no way that someone would pay $400 unless it was on ebay or something and you couldn't play it first.

In about 1981, my old guitar teacher had one of these and he said it was a {censored}piece. Actually his was the epi. Bolt-neck 335-ish thing.

Let me give you perspective. He thought my Peavey T-60 was AWESOME back then.

• Members

So what? It doesn't stop people from attaching the word "lawsuit" to nearly every single japanese guitar that has an open book headstock. As if it has some meaning which it doesn't.

I already explained the significance, although i can't force you to understand if you are truly this dense.

• Members

I live up near Seattle. When I was young those Lyle guitars were in all the cheap mom and pop music stores. The stores that carried gibson and fender usually did not carry these cheaper guitars.

I played many different Lyle guitars as a kid and most of them where really bad just like all the cheap guitars were back then. I can't imagine it is really worth more than $100 or $200, just like those other old japanese guitars like Tiesco.

If you like it then play it, but don't get excited thinking it may be some sought after vintage instrument because it is not.

Max

• Members

So your saying MIA as in asia? Typically with guitars Japan is disassociated from asia because chinese guitars suck and japanese ones are pretty good. That's why japanese guitars are denoted MIJ or CIJ. Typically MIA stands for AMERICA. It sounds really good. It could use different tuners, I'll give it that. I'm not really too dissapointed I bought it because it was a garage sale special. No one's getting scammed here. There's a certain market that these bring $100-$400 dependant on condition etc. So, sorry you feel this way about a guitar you know nothing about or don't own.

Yea, what he said.

I can't find any country on the map called Asia. That is why MIA means Made in America, MIK means made in Korea. These acronyms need to contain the name of a real country.

Max

Archived