What do you know we are getting some radio play for once

chrispscott

• Members

A little bit ago I posted about my band, Yardsale, finally finishing our record and now we are finally getting some radio play

13339_206944756499_37186086499_3739532_3

As you can see we love us some Teles

Just a bit about us: We are an 8-piece rock n roll band from Louisville, KY. We've been told that we sound like the Heartbreakers being fronted by Gram Parsons. I'll take that as a massive compliment since I am the lead guitar player guy.

Our current lineup is:

Kirk Kiefer: bass, vocals

Colin Garcia: drums, vocals

Chris Scott: guitar, vocals

Jacob Lee: guitar, harmonica, vocals

Andrew Rhinehart: keyboards, mandolin, guitar, vocals

Ellen Cherry: vocals

Elmer White: trombone

Melanie Dillman: trumpet

Well, it's taken almost 6 months since we finished it but we are finally getting the record out there.

KAWcover.jpg

The record is called Knock Alley West and it's bootstomping country-rock and roll. It's actually been getting quite a bit of buzz in the local area and we've had some really nice reviews written about us by people who we don't even know!

In My Basement Room Review

Some juicy tidbits

Knock Alley West is out! And it was worth the wait. (I've decided to try to start rating albums I "review" with a numerical scale that is totally subjective and based on my own personal taste (see the Cheezeball Manifesto). Each song will get a score out of a possible ten. 10 is pure excellence, e.g. "Dead Flowers", 7-9 pointers are really good to great songs, 4-6 pointer are decent to strong songs, 2-4 pointers are songs that are average, and 0-1 pointers are songs that I would get up to skip even if I'm listening to vinyl and I've been drinking. Heavily.) I've been through the album three times now and here is the score I'm coming up with: 7 of 12 tracks are in the 7-9 point range with two receiving 9's. That's a very solid score

LEO Weekly Review

LEO also had a podcast with us today that features some tracks from the record and our whitty banter:

LEO Podcast

Here's a few tracks from the album to whet your appetite:

Click here to listen to Yardsale - Album 4 Final Mixes - 05 - The Bullet That You Dodge.mp3

Click here to listen to Yardsale - Album 4 Final Mixes - 07 - Fencepost.mp3

We also did a full concert on WFPK's Live Lunch about a week ago. It was a lot of fun and a real blast to hear yourself on a radio station that you've been listening to for over ten years.

Here's a few of the tracks from the show:

Click here to download 19 Don't Do It.mp3 A cover of the Band's version of Don't Do It

Click here to download 16 Jerry Lee.mp3 A song about the real king of rock n roll Jerry Lee Lewis (and we played it on Elvis' 75th Birthday.)

Video from the show

And a photo from the show to just to show how massive our lineup is now:

20080_248973281499_37186086499_3955549_1

If you look closely you can see the drummer hiding behind the horn players

If you guys are interested in picking up the album it can be found at www.yardsaleband.com for the low low price of $10.

I hope you guys enjoy and if you want to share your bands success stories please do. I'm buzzing off getting a little bit of recognition after a few years of toiling away recording and playing our friends basements.

• Members

Big congrats.
:thu:

First impressions: I salute you guys for your incorporation of trombone and trumpet into the Country Rock genre. I liked your studio work better than your live performance. I really liked your fills and lead work. Hope you take it to the top.
:cool:

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Oddly enough the album was recorded live in studio. Only the horns were overdubbed because we did not have them in the band yet. We've actually built our reputation as a live band. Playing in the morning is not always the best for us though.

I'm glad you guys mentioned the Clash. For a while there I was listening to there Live At Shea Stadium album nonstop.

And I am the clean shaven guitarist. I cannot grow a mighty beard such as that unfortunately. Lord knows I have tried.

• Members

Hey, I saw that CD in a shop up here in Minneapolis of all places! I'll have to go back and figure out how it managed to get up here. Cheapo disc in Minneapolis, the kind of place you get lost in for about five hours it's so huge.

Archived