Ibanez RG321 vs. Ibanez GRG121

jrnoel

• Members

I am a beginner and have narrowed down my choices to these two guitars. I can get the GRG121 w/amp and bag for $220 or the RG321 w/same stuff for $315.

I am just starting to play. I like rock and metal but would like to learn everything.

My budget was $250, but didnt know if it was worth the extra $100 to get the RG321.

Thoughts on both guitars and differences would be appreciated.

I already own a zoom g1 pedal and cables

• Members

I've never been impressed with any of the GIO series strat-shaped guitars though the GAX70s and GAX75s have a a bit of a following, myself included.

But yeah... as everyone else has said, the 321 is several steps up from the 121. Think of it like this. The 121 is basically the cheapest guitar Ibanez knows how to build. The 321 is basically a professional level instrument with almost every 'unneeded' feature taken away.

I'm generally not impressed with any stock Ibanez-branded pickup, but as for the guitar itself, my 321 was pretty much flawless.

P1080129a1.jpg

• 7 years later...
  • Members

I'm also in a similar situation. I can buy a GRG121 new (online) for $213 or a RG321 used (playing it first) for $200. Which one should I get?

I also agree that the RG321 will be a better guitar on the long run, and it's in mint condition and comes with a bag and spare strings.

I made a post abut it:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-41/31944920-which-one-to-buy-rg321mh-used-vs-grg121dx-new-vs-rg421ex-new

Archived