If you could jam/talk with any 5 HCEG forumites who would they be?

Jkater

• Members

I know... sounds like another parody thread but this is serious stuff, folks, it's us we're talking here! :)

And quite frankly, I wouldn't know what to say to Jimmy Page (except maybe "{censored} off, I'm eating my dinner...") but there are many here I'd love to have a beer and jam with and would know what to talk about. Five seems like a ridiculously low number but there we are. Gotta pick.

Tip for answering this question: don't think too much or you'll never be able to pick just five...

• Members

jam with?

JJPistols - kick{censored} guitar and bicycle spokes and vocals

Aenemated - drums and Trussart overdubs

DaveAronow - bass and violin

Frets99 - referee and guitar

Wojo - improvisation.

talk to?

CSM -to share stories of our yoof.

Any of the guitar builders - you know who you are

Wyatt - to see if there's something he doesn't know.

Minitruth - because right now he carrying a lot.

The guy who hired the developers for v2.0

seriously?

• Members

Wyatt, because the dude is a wealth of info

_pete_ because he's a good guy

maltomario because he's a good guy

csm because he's got to have a million stories

mhuk because he's just about as straight as it gets

And there's a long list of dudes that could be in that list as well.

• Members

Well, I play with/chat to metalheadUK all the time anyway and always enjoy phone time with Ratae -- long overdue for more facetime with him -- and it was cool meeting AncientMariner a while back -- be nice to see him back on the board sometime soon ...

Otherwise:

For the jam, let's call up:

DaveA -- basso profundo

Fretsy -- guitar, joviality

JJ -- ditto

aenemated -- drums, catering

bbreaker -- load up a truck and bring not only yerself but cool gear to screw around with ...

Anyone play serious keys?

Mo' later ... I ain't finished with this yet ...

• Members

Here are mine (in no particular order) - I could really learn a thing or two from each of these players. There are many more on this board, so I know I have excluded a number of great guitarists.

IESO - for his brilliant playing and composition

AlienSporeBomb - like IESO, incredible chops and compositon

Metallica_00 - for his smooth, fluid, playing and great attitude

BlackhatHunter - great player, great attitude - plus I want to play some of those guitars he's got!

Scuzzo - an all around good guy and player with just the right amount of twisted creativity.

:thu:

• Members

Guitarmandp - I would ask to go over to his place to check out the collection.

Roy Brooks - best collection on HCEG hands down - on this point there is no debate. Plus, maybe Tony F. would be there too.

Ed Roman - So many have been accused of being him he must be here.

Metallica_00 - so I could play my 535 again and he's a great player.

Larry Conklin - the man, the legend, the 30 channel. I could learn about screaming guitars, hot licks, chord melodies and dating.

• Members

DaveAronow: Dave's knowledge and insights have impressed me ever since we became buddy a couple of years ago. If we were to meet over a beer, chances are I would do more listening than talking and enjoying every minute of it.

MisterSully and I have a lot in common (including our day job: we are both educator working with people with disabilities). He's a competent and active musician who is great to do music with. And a stand-up guy.

JJ would be great fun to spend time with and inspiring as a person. I'd love to meet him someday.

Marc MHUK, My favorite player in HCEG and such a gentle soul. Jamming with him would be an enlightening moment. I feel I would learn a lot in a very short time just watching him play.

MikeSF, also a tremendous talent and inspiring person. He has showed me that I can risk trying stuff I never thought I could play.

• Members

Easier than the other question

Jkater cause he's an monster acoustic player and a great guy

Richey88 cause he's a great player and a great guy :D

MHUK cause he's a monster player and a great guy :D:D

Frets99 cause he's a monster player and a great guy :D :D:D

Norcal_Git_R cause he's a monster player and winds a fantastic pickup :wave:

All of these people have given me personal and public advice and encouragement and I'd be happy to buy any of the beverage of their choice we we shoot the breeze

But there are a lot of great folks on this board and it would be cool to meet some of them or watch them perform

Archived