Need a reasonably cheap rock guitar

rakester

• Members

I'm heading back to the states for easter and I'm after something cheap to tide me over whilst I finish my tele build. I'm looking for a rock / metal guitar as I've started playing in a heavy rock band recently and need something with a fixed bridge as I like to be able to tune down easily.

I would prefer something with EMG's or high output pups. I'm looking for playability over everything here though really. I don't mind having to upgrade pickups if the neck, nut and tuners are of good quality :)

Must have's...

- Fixed bridge

- around $400 or under, looking to buy used

- Not too thin of a neck

- Play like butta

I was thinking maybe some form of ESP LTD but I'm open to anything :)

thanks

• Members
epiphone g400, all mahogany and well worth its 399 price tag

any esp ltd under 400 bucks will be crap

Fair shout (I have seen those new epi SG's and they do look decent) but again I think I could do a lot better buying something used for around the $400 price.

I wouldn't have thought some used LTD's int he $400 price range would be crap though :confused: I've read some sterling things about them on here

• Members

I think the $400 price is a little high for the G400, unless they have raised the price really recently. $350 everyday on MF, Music123, etc, before you ask for a discount. Faded is $299.

The Washburn in the Great Deals thread has Emgs. I would like to steer you to that. Love the irony of someone from the UK coming to America, to buy a guitar that is usually only available in UK. :lol:

Used, you might find a Jackson, that somebody threw some EMGs in.

• Members

My only complaint on the Epi SG is it tends to be neck heavy.

I like Agiles. Another option is a Washburn Idol. I am liking my WI64 more, and more. It has a wide, flat neck. Set neck. The PUP's are pretty good. Quality is very, very good. J&R seems to run clearances on these pretty often. You can find a really great deal if you can be flexible on color.

- w

• Members
50640.jpg

Dean Soltero Electric Guitar Specifications

Flame Maple Top
Mahogany Body
24.75 inch Scale
Mahogany Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Hardtail/Soltero Inlays
Grover Tuners
Chrome Hardware
Tune-O-Matic Bridge
Dean Vintage Design Humbucker Pickups
Optional Case

$369 at AMS, they have white ones too:thu:

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-DEE-SOLT-LIST

• Members

Fender Jim Root Telecaster? Fixed bridge with 3 EMG's. They sounds pretty sweet aswell.

If I could pick one up for $400 I would go for it but unlikely at that price :(

I dunno if you have seen my tele build on here but the Jim Root tele is what inspired it hehe

Archived