NGD - Dean Soltero

Oaksong

• Members

So, I ordered one of those deans for 320.

Great guitar. The neck pickup in particular is PHENOMENAL. For some reason the bridge is very weak. Maybe the put the pups in backwards?

The only issue is that it is HEAVY. Too heavy. It wears me out pretty fast.

So.. since it was so cheap, I am thinking of removing the finish and cutting the body in half. That should drop the weight.

Anybody done something like this before? I could use some pointers/

• Members

no, you wont even have a guitar if you cut it up in half. plus, the neck would constantly keep diving in a nose dive since the body wont be there to support it. its a stupid move.

if anything, there was a moron on this forum that drilled holes on the back of an Agile guitar to lighten the weight.

i say sell the guitar and get a strat.

how heavy is it anyways?

• Members

So, I ordered one of those deans for 320.

Great guitar. The neck pickup in particular is PHENOMENAL. For some reason the bridge is very weak. Maybe the put the pups in backwards?

The only issue is that it is HEAVY. Too heavy. It wears me out pretty fast.

So.. since it was so cheap, I am thinking of removing the finish and cutting the body in half. That should drop the weight.

Anybody done something like this before? I could use some pointers/

holy {censored}:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

It is heavier than my gibson LP, for one.

And what works for you as "heavy" may not work for another as "heavy". Also, your guitar likely weighs more/less than mine.

I want mine lighter.

Neck dive is a real consideration. I COULD do weight relief holes... but that actually sounds more difficult. If I were gonna go that far, I would just do BOTH.

• Members

Yeah mine feels featherlight compared to my agile and my epi LP tribute. Granted, it's still a LP style guitar so it's heavier than my ibanez rga121 but still, I'd either have to play sitting or hit the gym if it wore me out that bad...

• Members

It is heavier than my gibson LP, for one.

And what works for you as "heavy" may not work for another as "heavy". Also, your guitar likely weighs more/less than mine.

I want mine lighter.

Neck dive is a real consideration. I COULD do weight relief holes... but that actually sounds more difficult. If I were gonna go that far, I would just do BOTH.

weak man...

• Members

but then I wouldn't have the fun of taking a buzz-saw to the thing!

so you're willing to trash 320 bucks for no particular reason...

if not selling it, then buy a 'no.1 guitar strap'. its elasticy so the weight feels like half the weight. its the same stuff that buckethead uses for his monsterous 14lbs les paul.

• Members

so you're willing to trash 320 bucks for no particular reason...

if not selling it, then buy a 'no.1 guitar strap'. its elasticy so the weight feels like half the weight. its the same stuff that buckethead uses for his monsterous 14lbs les paul.

you mean other than the fun of taking a buzzsaw to a guitar? I have kinda wanted a project...

will-do on the guitarstrap, if for no other reason than my lighter gibson.

In truth, I wish my guitars weighed nothing.

• Members

i smell a troll.... :poke:

Has any one of you Soltero owners weighed it? What is the weight?

- w

and i dont have a soltero, but from folks on dean forum, their standards weigh in from 8ish lbs to 11ish lbs. their soltero mhg USA guitars weigh in from 9ish to 12ish

Archived