How many of you guys run your bridge humbuckers wide open with no tone control?

elsupermanny14

• Members

I do. It sounds awesome. I always used to wonder my humbucker did not sound muddy like most people complain about humbuckers in Strats. Came to find out I had been running it wide open for years haha. I just always accepted the fact that it sounded awesome and had plenty of crunch.

How many of you run your humbuckers wide open? Do you like it? Any guys with Strat sized humbuckers who run them wide open?

Feel free to post pictures of your humbucker equiped guitars if you feel like it. I'm at work and pretty bored haha.

• Members

What amp are you running those guitars out of? I see something on the left side but I can't tell what it is. All I see is a head ontop of a 2x12.

VHT Deliverance 60....best amp I've ever heard in my life. These days they are called the Fryette Deliverance...

b0c348bf.jpg

• Members

I always end up disconnecting the tone pot. Just sounds a smidge clearer to me and I never use that knob anyway. Amps have enough eq controls. Saw a vid with Robin Ford where he said he had the tone AND volume controls on his guitar disconnected. He used a volume pedal instead.

• Members

I have to have a tone knob for all kinds of bridge pickups... it depends of course, on the amp, but on most I find I am setting it somewhere between 8 and 6. On my Junior, that tone knob is absolutely invaluable, and on the tele, the guitar would be much much worse without it. But I also use it on Les Pauls, to take off a little of the edge.

• Members

the tone knob is the most important knob onthe guitar - you can replace it with push pull pots for phase-series-coil tapping.

As far as turning it - I didn't even know you were supposed to jack the tone knob on the bridge down!!

• Members

Where did you get those racing decals for your guitar? Where they easy to put on? They are hella kool.

Thanks.

They're not decals, I painted those stripes on myself. Acrylic then covered with clear nail polish. The blue one has been on there for about 6 years now and shows no sign of wearing

Archived