I tried out a Mesa Electra Dyne today...

Dougie.Douglas

• Members

All I can say is Woah! :eek: That thing blew my mind!

I played a PRS SE Custom Semi-hollow through it... the one with the P-90 things in. Last time I played that guitar, it was through a Marshall Class 5 which I didn't enjoy to be honest but that Mesa is in a whole different league! :D

Discuss.. I guess :lol:

:thu:

• Members

I think it does the vintage Marshall tone BETTER than any real vintage Marshall from the 70's, imho !

My Fav Mesa.

An Electro Dyne and a '78 Mesa MKI 1X15 in (((STEREO))) would be Godly !

Haha! :lol:

It does have a very 'Marshall-y' tone to it. I wasn't playing it through an extension cab, just the combo.

Just for the record... there was also a Fender Deluxe Reverb in the room, which I also tried, and I prefered the Mesa by a country mile... :thu:

• Members

Haha!
:lol:

It does have a very 'Marshall-y' tone to it
. I wasn't playing it through an extension cab, just the combo.

Just for the record... there was also a Fender Deluxe Reverb in the room, which I also tried, and I prefered the Mesa by a country mile...

EXACTLY :D :D :D

Curious here : if it is not Marshally to your ears, how would you describe this new Mesa tone then ?

• Members

I used an older Mesa 50 caliber a week or so ago and it was just beautiful. He says "you can tweak these controls or adjust this any way that you want to" but I just left it as it was and as usual in my experience - nice guitar straight into a Mesa = sonic wonder.

• Members

I used an older Mesa 50 caliber a week or so ago and it was just beautiful. He says "
you can tweak these controls or adjust this any way that you want to"
but I just left it as it was and as usual in my experience - nice guitar straight into a Mesa = sonic wonder.

I was playing around with the controls, managed to get some lovely tones from it... really gorgeous little amp!

• Members

This will be my next amp as well. I started a thread a while back about how awesome I thought this amp was. I was set on purchasing it but got separated from my wife recently so thought it better to hold on to the cash. When things are back on the up and up I will by this amp. Hopefully we'll start to see some used ones floating around soon......

• Members

how about...Mesay??

Many Eletra Dyne owners on the Grail Tone forum says it is voiced after various vintage Marshalls :confused:

This is just one bloke of the lot :

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=44009

"...the Vintage Lo mode is very Plexi'ish, and the Vintage Hi mode is JCM800 2203'ish".

[YOUTUBE]_ZxGsBpBVGU

• Members

All I can say is Woah!
:eek:
That thing blew my mind!

I played a PRS SE Custom Semi-hollow through it... the one with the P-90 things in. Last time I played that guitar, it was through a Marshall Class 5 which I didn't enjoy to be honest but that Mesa is in a whole different league!
:D

Discuss.. I guess
:lol:

I tried one a few months ago. Absolutely LOVED it. Heard they are coming out with a 2 channel model. Someday, might have to invest in one...

Archived