What do you think of this single?

siva115

• Members

Buy mine first, and then everyone else's, and then we'll buy yours.

Maybe.
:D

Ah.. I see what you did there. If I like your {censored}, I'll buy it. At the same time, I didn't dig up Jaco's corpse when I bought Portrait of Tracy and demand that he buy my song. If you like it then buy it.

If you don't like it, feel free to write me a harsh review, or a death threat. {censored}, I'll give you the address to the bar I'll be at tonight and you can try to kick my ass.. I promise to get drunk as {censored} too.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This just got distributed to iTunes after an arduous several year process of bedroom performance and mastering.

The style is ambient/blues.. if you like it buy it.. if you don't like it, buy it.

Hey Siva,

I like what I`m hearing but I have to tell you, coming on HC for the first time and pushing your stuff is going to be read as SPAM. I`m not sure what everyone has said but I can tell you, this is a good place to share your music and collaborate from time to time with people but you`re going about it the wrong way. Good luck with your project and I hope you stick around after the arguing thats bound to happen (or has already), you seem to know what you`re doing and we all learn from each other.

• Members

{censored}, I'll give you the address to the bar I'll be at tonight and you can try to kick my ass.. I promise to get drunk as {censored} too.

:facepalm:

Oh man... is that necessary? Lets try to be civil. I understand you`re pissed. You worked your tail off in school, sweated over your craft and wrote a decent tune and then found out the battle had just begun! Join the group mate.

Pull up a seat, lets order some beers and share stories. No reason to get violent. After a bit, we`ll head over to the jukebox, slap in some quarters and groove to some Zak Claxton and some Saul T Nads!

And about that call to arms... we`ll be laughing it over after a few rounds.:thu:

• Members

And about that call to arms... we`ll be laughing it over after a few rounds.
:thu:

I'm already laughing! if I'd known how entertaining Sivy was gonna be, I'd wish he'd popped up long ago.

I still haven't clicked his link, but I'll just take everyone else's word for his review. Meanwhile, Sivy, here's some Ernest Buckley music to check out. Your next assignment will be another SSS musician to be determined after we hear your thoughts on Mr. Buckley's tunes.

• Members

You guys are funny. There was no clear 1-4-5 progression so it's not blues.

No soul obviously either, because of my guerrilla marketing and my young foolishness.

Listen up, I may have made the false assumption that people are more concerned with music then with forum seniority. If you don't like the preview buy it, if you like it, go ahead and buy it-- in either case I've taken nothing away from the forum regulars.

As you were.

Guys with Seniority on this site tend to get uptight when after numerous threads pushing their own musical endeavors (no matter how thin a veil they employ;)) seem to dwindle after the obligatory 'pat on the back' doesn't go far enough and tend to be less tolerant of a 'Noob'

Listen to 'Blue to Blue' he is a smart, knowing, and completely non-judgmental guy...

Everyone always denies the fact that a clique exists on this site...but in reality ...it does.

Out of courtesy, I listened to you music, and I will reserve comment until I hear more.

Good point about taking away nothing from the forum regulars...indeed you seemed to started a little Beehive of territorial protectiveness...kinda refreshing:thu:

'As you were' your words...former Military?

Good Luck with your music.

• Members

{censored}, I'll give you the address to the bar I'll be at tonight and you can try to kick my ass.. I promise to get drunk as {censored} too.

I was wondering if you could share that. I'm sure a number of people would love to come hear your ambient blues or see a fun brawl. Thanks.

And in either case, I was wrong about you not reading this thread. You've gotten a lot of feedback, and I hope that it helps you in your future endeavors. And welcome to the forum! :thu:

• Members

That "beehive of territorial protectiveness" rears its head when people spam about shoes too, doesn't it?

I knew 'territorial protectiveness' would bring the 'Queen Bee' out..

Shoes? if the shoe fits..'you know the rest:thu:

'I once cried when I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no clue'

• Members

:facepalm:

After a bit, we`ll head over to the jukebox, slap in some quarters and groove to some Zak Claxton and some Saul T Nads

And about that call to arms... we`ll be laughing it over after a few rounds.
:thu:

So, ernest, you are saying I can hear your music, as well as Zaks and Salty's for as little as a quarter...then why am I downloading???

'a few rounds'...you are talking about drinks right?????;)

• Members

Lets not lose focus here.. please continue taking turns berating/praising me for my soul/lack of soul/naivety/wisdom, etc.

You can also listen to the full song here once or twice for free:

IMO...opening guitar groove is catchy...but I find it difficult to believe that's all you came up with after years of production in your bedroom...

Years of 'production' in my bedroom resulted in a beautiful daughter and two commercially successful songs.

So, not to lose focus, my Plebian suggestion to you would be take the musical blinders off...lose the ego.... and as they say in Pre-school Idiom,...'learn to play well with others'

• Members

I've noticed people also compare a lot of great Jazz to elevator music.. usually non-musicians.

Thanks for taking the time to listen Philter.

A non-megalomaniac would ask themself "what if this 'great Jazz' I like actually is elevator music?" :confused:

• Members

I knew 'territorial protectiveness' would bring you out...'if the shoe fits..'you know the rest:thu:

'I once cried when I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no clue'

Oh, that's not what made me comment....

Tell you what, why don't you stick up for the shoe spammers next time and then we'll talk, 'kay?

• Members

Oh, that's not what made me comment....

Tell you what, why don't you stick up for the shoe spammers next time and then we'll talk, 'kay?

this is a music oriented site right?... not a 'Foot Locker' medium.

Music 'talky' good... shoe 'talky' Malo.

Sorry If I offended you 'Queen Bee'...take a pill and call me in the morning...then we'll talk, 'kay?:thu:

• Members

What do you think of this Pringle?

pringles.jpg

:D

I actually chatted with the OP a bit. He seems a nice enough young guy. Operative word being "young", which gets you forgiven a lot more easily than a guy my or Ken's or Lukenskywalker's age would be under similar circumstances.

so, all those things about 'vaseline and tissues' are now moot?: I'm cool with that...;) peace, love,...why don't we have a Sammy Sosa heart punch /lip kiss emoticon?

Zak, I'm at a loss about the Pringle thing...'splain' , por favor, to me.

• Members

I've noticed people also compare a lot of great Jazz to elevator music.. usually non-musicians.

Thanks for taking the time to listen Philter.

I think that all depends on what one considers great jazz. ;)

I think the problem here is that successful internet forums do develop local culture -- and that is a necessary process -- or they will die and/or become dumping grounds for spam.

You may have seen the recent news item on an analysis that showed that well over 90% of the "user content" on the web is spam and malware. Spam is like kudzu vines. It will take over if the locals don't keep it at bay. And it will choke off all other life eventually.

A successful forum develops a community that has sets of overlapping interests -- but typically no one is there just to be a receiver of someone else's self-promotion.

And, typically, forums that are open to or cater to self-promotion quickly turn into forums filled with threads with one original post and no responses... save the occasional You rock, dude! Now click here to listen to...

Archived