GFS LP kit for Zemmy - gonna have tons of pics

newbuilder

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, the only thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger on one of those kits isn't that the bridge/tailpiece stud holes aren't drilled, is that all the volume/tone pot holes are. I'm a single volume/single tone (or just single volume) kinda guy.

• Members

You know, the only thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger on one of those kits isn't that the bridge/tailpiece stud holes
aren't
drilled, is that all the volume/tone pot holes
are
. I'm a single volume/single tone (or just single volume) kinda guy.

I don't even use a tone. I am doing two HSS set ups that are single volume five way. but for the money it is a solid platform. Must have basic woodworking skills:confused: but I think that we will push on through anyway. The neck joint is the weakest link. The neck joint is really loose and roughly cut, the angle isn't exactly right yet, so that needs to be taken into consideration. If you are a patient person it looks like it will do. If you are looking at kits Grizzly puts out a nice kit for twice the price of this one, and the joints are really solid. There is also a badass explorer kit around here, I can't remember who makes it.

• Members

writing checks for the monthly bills as we speak...we'll see where we stand after that...if it's black hardware that is tailpiece, bridge and tuners right?

Yeah, but don't feel presured. Take a look at some EBMM colors becuase we have zebras and purple.

• Members

since it's bound...and not in black...wont black hardware look out of place with a cream color binding?

The body is bound?

I didn't see that. Holy hell, I may have to order one.

I have a crazy idea that I've wanted to do for a while to an LP.

Cream binding makes it very tempting.

Can you take a close up of the body binding?

• Members

looked at lots of pix of EBMM's in purple...they all have chrome hardware and cream bindings with no pickup rings

i'm just gonna send you these black pickups rings NB, we'll just have to look at it with both after the color is finished and make a decision then

• Members

I can do a full mock up with both and let you decide.

I drew up a headstock last night. I sat down like I was going to create something and then I drew some quick lines to look different from a standard LP and I think it looks sweet, you'll have to let me know. I will scan and post it from work.

• Members

This is going to be very cool.

As nice as that top is, I would be tempted to throw some tint/tru-oil on it and call it a day.

Does the binding on the neck go over the fret ends? I can't tell from the pictures...

I think this thread is going to sell more kits than any advertising GuitarFetish could do.

• Members

Here is my proposed headstock. I think with the current shape which I just traced onto the paper it will look really cool. We'll see what every one thinks.

crap...didnt look at this when i was at home

but i did order the bg smokestacks this morning

Archived