Bbreaker

• Members

2-4 at a time, depends -- I pick between these:

Hermida Zendrive 2

LovePedal Les Lius

LovePedal Kanji Eternity

Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet

Fulltone OCD

I've got the Les Luis and love it - you does the Kanji compare?

• Members

I have very specific needs, so I'm not sure if this is relevant to normal people, but I use:

5 Distortions

4 Overdrives

3 Compressors

a Fuzz

a Boost

a Flanger

a Phaser

a Vibe

a Chorus

a Delay

a Reverb

...and then numerous odds and ends like amp switchers and channel switches, two volume pedals, input switches, a tuner, tap tempos, etc.

To be honest, in any other band everything would likely be served by a fuzz, a boost, and overdrive, and a delay.

• Members
I've got the Les Luis and love it - you does the Kanji compare?

The Kanji is really different than the LL. Where the LL will give you some of that small Fender amp grind the Kanji is kinda in the Tube Screamer area. I used to have a vintage 808 and this thing is somewhat of a more refined version of that. In other words, there's a reason to have both. Isn't there always? :D

• Members

The deal with multiple OD pedals is this: instead of one cranked up you run two or even three on at the same time with low drive levels on each. Experiment with which order they are in for really different sounds and feels.

Sometimes one pedal at a time does the trick, sometimes two, sometimes three. You can gain stage them such that they don't get muddy or ill-defined.

• Members

My pedalboard currently has an SIB Varidrive (which I will probably soon trade out for a Fulldrive 2), a Big Muff Pi, an MXR Distortion +, and an MXR Micro-amp. I own a lot of effects and have a pretty large board, but I don't typically have more than 10-12 pedals on there at any given time.

• Members
my board holds 10...

couchrig.jpg
I'm limited to 9 power plugs on my 1 spot...

...at the moment there are 1 boost, 2 OD, 1 distortion and 1 fuzz, along with a tuner, volume, chorus and delay...

I have several others to choose from...

Hey Jelloman! How do you like your #1 Echo?? I have one on order right now :D

My pedal board is as follows -
Boss TU-3 >> ProCo Rat II

• Members
Hey Jelloman! How do you like your #1 Echo?? I have one on order right now
:D

My pedal board is as follows -

Boss TU-3 >> ProCo Rat II

I like it alot...it's like a noiseless version of an analog delay...it doesn't do the real freaky delay stuff a digital usually does, but as I use it for a clean, mild slapback it's perfect...like an echoplex without the problems...

• Members

This is actually an interesting question because I've always thought that going with one pedal of each flavor would be the way to go, but somehow I've ended up with multiple pedals with similar functions. I'm only running one fuzz pedal, but I've got 2 straight up OD types and one distortion pedal that's been modded to be more of an OD as well. All 3 have tones that I dig and I can't seem to part with any of them right now.

• Members

Whenever I hook up 5 or more pedals, it sounds like eggs frying when a pedal gets turned on before I play a note.

Do you guys use any buffers?

The most important thing is to place pedal types in the right order and, if you're going to use a bunch, especially multiple drive pedals, to use the highest quality stuff you can. If you string together a bunch of DOD stuff then you're more likely to run into trouble.

• Members

The most important thing is to place pedal types in the right order and, if you're going to use a bunch, especially multiple drive pedals, to use the highest quality stuff you can. If you string together a bunch of DOD stuff then you're more likely to run into trouble.

OK.

In what order would you place these pedals:

Fulltone OCD; MI Crunch Box; Visual Sounds H2O; ADA Flanger; Fulltone '69; Fulltone '70; Demeter Tremulator; Highes & Kettner Tube Rotosphere & Dean Markley PT-13 Tuner.

I usually just use...OCD; H20 & Dean Markley Tuner.

• Members

I usually have about 5-7 pedals at one time. I use one overdrive pedal and one fuzz pedal. Right now I have:

MXR Phase 90

Big Muff

EHX Worm XO (it has a phaser which sounds more like a cool univibe, and also tremolo, auto-wah and vibrato)

Boss BluesDriver

Digitech Digidelay

The BluesDriver is on all the time because I like how it sounds, but I use it to boost my amp, with its gain level at 0. So it gives me light overdrive and cleans.

Then I'd stomp on a fuzz pedal for leads. Currently I'm using a Big Muff.

• Members
OK.

In what order would you place these pedals:

Fulltone OCD; MI Crunch Box; Visual Sounds H2O; ADA Flanger; Fulltone '69; Fulltone '70; Demeter Tremulator; Highes & Kettner Tube Rotosphere & Dean Markley PT-13 Tuner.

I usually just use...OCD; H20 & Dean Markley Tuner.

I'll give you my standard category order preference:

compressors

overdrives/distortions

delays

modulators

I would put my tuner on the B side of an A/B switch or the C side of an A/B/C switch.

Reverb: I only use the amp 'verb or later in mixing. I never use a reverb pedal.

The fun is in trying one OD in front of another in various combinations and orders but keep all the OD between a compressor and the delay and mod units. Of course, rules were meant to be broken ;)

• Members

compressors

overdrives/distortions

delays

modulators

I would put my tuner on the B side of an A/B switch or the C side of an A/B/C switch.

Reverb: I only use the amp 'verb or later in mixing. I never use a reverb pedal.

The fun is in trying one OD in front of another in various combinations and orders but keep all the OD between a compressor and the delay and mod units. Of course, rules were meant to be broken
;)

Well said! I agree with this order and the comments about trying ODs in different orders. My chain starts with a volume pedal that has a separate tuner out otherwise I would just put my tuner pedal first in the chain--also makes a great "mute" switch that way.

• Members

compressors

overdrives/distortions

delays

modulators

I think this is good general guide.:thu:

I've never had much luck stacking overdrives. It always seems to get too compressed. Overdrive + clean boost pedal can be nice. But the 2 ODs is always really noisy and compressed, even with two good ones (at one point was trying to stack a Barber Direct Drive and an OCD - not much success).

I have a moderately compact board - tuner, wah, boost, overdrive, delay. Much bigger and I think it would start to get messy and necessitate some tap dancing. In a live situation, IMO having 3-4 pedals with different levels of gain is really unnecessary. I'd rather use the volume knob and keep it simple. However, I would definitely like to build up a wider collection of ODs to swap in and out for different tones for home/recording use.

• Members

I like having multiple dirt pedals on my board. I use a variety of guitars and have found that certain drive pedals favor specific guitars. Quality dirt pedals are my favorite type of pedal. I do play without pedals sometimes, so I appreciate pure amp overdrive as well.

My Board:

Analogman Bicomp > gain & tru bypass modified Crybaby wah > Strobostomp Tuner > AM King Of Tone dual OD > Damage Control Liquid Blues OD > BK Butler Real Tube OD > AM Sunface fuzz > SweetSound Mojo vibe > AM Mini chorus > Radial Bigshot A/B/Y > (amp 1) Van Amps Roommatte real spring reverb > Vox Time Machine digital delay (amp 2) Digitech Digiverb > Ibanez DE7 digital delay/echo

Archived