Sergei Rachmaninoff

GY

• Members

RIP Mr Rachmaninoff.

A man who seemed to have never met a chord with an adequate number of notes in it... or a pianist with enough fingers to play them.

I never had a problem playing Rachmaninoff. Must be those extra cat toes to thank for that.

• Members

Wasn't the instrumental part on "All By Myself" an adapation of a Rachmaninoff theme?

I slogged through "Prelude in G Minor" at a college recital. I've held a grudge ever since (personally prefer Katchaturian)...

Hellyeah, same here! I love Rach as well but Katch's Toccata is one of my all time favorite piano pieces...I really love the great Russian composers...there's a haunting yet beautiful dissonance in so many of their works that isn't found anywhere else in music...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Sergei Vasilievich wasn't too bad compared to the biggest American Klassik pianist Liberace.

I'm heading back to the Political Party, they keep discussion on a higher, more respectful plane there.

• Members
'Today' being March 28th.

Aint never heard of context?
:lol:

Love the pre-fab chord fingerings vid though.

context is different from culture to culture.

take for example the Chinese, they think almost everything in reversed order compared to a Swiss, also leave out some contextual thinking completly, but wanna know the most unimportant details totally.

• Members

Personally, "Today" means the current date on the current calendar, and a reference to the past should be referred to as "On this date".

I mean, some kiddo who's never heard of Rockymanoff would think some Russian politican or hockey player just died...

nat whilk ii

Archived